cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

David63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just returned from asia where we used data sim cards in both phones(i phone X & i phone XS). When changed back to public mobile cards I cant get data to work. I tried resetting network settings in general settings but nothing seems to work.

4 REPLIES 4

Midas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try turning on Data in settings

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@David63 just data not working?

make sure Carrier Profile updated. AND delete any VPN profile if any, it is a common thing blocking data after a trip 

1. At Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. And then General.
  3. Tap VPN.
  4. You'll find VPN name > tap i sign behind preferred VPN (if there's no VPN name, skip to no. ...
  5. Tap Delete VPN.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Settings - Cellular - Make sure Cellular Data is turned on - then go down to Network Section and turn off automatic and pick Public Mobile. Then reboot. Let us know if that worked.

Side note for our education here. Where did you go and what data SIM card did you buy? And what did you think? I ask because other members ask us and we'd like your opinion to share with others.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@David63 

When you were out of Canada, did you keep up with the monthly payments with AutoPay?

If you disable this feature and stopped payment for longer than 90 days. Your account will be closed, SIM will be useless and you lost your number.

Best to dial 1-855-4PUBLIC and check the status of your account. If it states it doesn’t exist than you lost your account.

If you can call and text but data is not working, it seems you have done the correct steps then contact a CS_Agent to investigate by private messaging them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.