cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

rickersilken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I am wondering why I am having troubles with data. It is not working. I tried all methods such as, restarting phone, taking SIM out and putting it back in, resetting network settings. It's possible that I am updated to IOS 15.4, but why would software be an issue? Still no luck. Anyone got a solution? 

68 REPLIES 68

When you go to setting, cellular, scroll down......are your switches on or off?

rickersilken

I will try downgrading for now. But its risky. I am not confident with how reliable downgrades are. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rickersilken : This information might be useful. The thing we're looking to check and hopefully change is whether the phone settings can be changed from IPv6 to IPv4.

rickersilken

Thanks for sharing! 

LOL nope. It shows its running data but I can't use the hotspot. It is "greyed" out. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rickersilken 

This might be a dumb question but did you check if you enabled the Cellular Data?

Go to Settings>Cellular>enable Cellular Data.

rickersilken

Thanks for the input!

I will possibly downgrade but I am not sure if I want to risk it. 

I have made sure no errors are being shown as as well as being out of data. I pay currently for 10gb

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rickersilken : This is a known problem. If you're in to some technical fiddling there _might_ be a workaround but we haven't proven it out yet. You could give it a go. But otherwise, the other method is to go back a version. You're on a beta. These are the risks with beta versions of any software.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @rickersilken 

maybe you use all data then is will be stop until next renewal cycle, or purchase Add-ons.

1. try to do reset your network settings,

2. try downgrade iOS some report has a issue with data.. How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

if needed get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

if SIMon, can't submit a ticket send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.