cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

diane_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just switched over from another carrier and finally was able to register for a monthly plan. I can text and call, but I cannot get the data working. The APN settings were correctly picked up by my phone, but it doesn't connect.

I tried entering the APN settings manually and restarting, but it did not work. I also reset the Network settings and did it all over again, but no luck. I'm using an LG G7 phone.

I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks,

Diane

69 REPLIES 69

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@diane_h 

Have you tested your sim in another phone? Maybe it didnt provision correctly....the moderators can fix that.

diane_h

I can connect to WIFI perfectly fine. It's just the mobile data that is not working.

diane_h

It did reset my APN and the settings are identical to the ones others have posted.

Sorry, my list is not an ordered list. I'll update that

@diane_h 

A factory reset hasnt automatically set your APN?

Edit: Can you connect to wifi?

diane_h

I have tried the following:

• Network Reset
  • Airplane mode on and off
  • Removing Sim card
  • Entering in APN settings manually
  • Factory Reset

Nothing works.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @diane_h ,

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:

1) Tap:

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

@diane_h 

Do you have data working on wifi? Check for any software updates first then if you still cannot connect to mobile data you have two choices....contact the moderators to see if they have a carrier update or some other process for you to try or back up and do the factory reset as it sounds like you've already tried everything else.....theres an outside chance toggling airplane mode on/off might work.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@diane_h 

LG phones are notorious for needing a factory reset to get data but theres a series of troubleshooting tips to go thru first. But you should back up your phone first so you'll be ready if you have to do the factory reset. I'll find the steps for you......

Need Help? Let's chat.