cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on us roaming bundle

oh-well
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just did the 10 day us roaming bundle activated yesterdat. Text seems to be working but data is not. Full bars and LTE is showing connected to t mobile. Can I get some help?
27 REPLIES 27

ty666666
I just wanna report that US data roaming is now working without me doing anything. I guess there was a technical issue which they fixed.

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@YYCroof wrote:

If you do need to buy a US sim, may I recommend the T-mobile $30 SIM exclusively at Walmart. It includes the SIM, 100 min of talk and 5 Gb of data for 30 days.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Complete-SIM-Kit/39081494

If PM can't fix this before my USA trip next week, this is the route I'll be going.

This past Christmas I was using H2O wireless, which operates off AT&T network.  $40 with unlimited call+text/8GB data.  I have problems having H2O's site to fill the plan (probably Canadian credit card issues) so I bought PIN code from Callingmart and add the PIN code on H2O as payment for the plan (not to mention that Callingmart discounted the price, so I saved a few dollars.)

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for your patience!

I've sent you a PM with a few more details!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ty666666

@YYCroof

Walmart (US) no longer sells the T-Mobile sims for $30. I went there today * was told they stopped selling them & now they're only selling a $59 plan with a new company , i think it's called street mobile or something like that.

Canada computers sells a US roaming sim card for Roam mobility:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=079249

https://roammobility.com/plans

@Mary_M

Any update? we're still stuck here without data.
Thx

kshan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Mary_M

I'm having the same issues, what's weird is that the following sites seem work:

I've already sent an email to the support team.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ty666666,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are currently experiencing an outage with our data services while roaming. I will need to submit a ticket and have our back-end team look into it, can you please send me the following info via private message?

- Both numbers being affected

- Your location

- Alternate contact number 

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ty666666
Thanks @YYCroof

I'll head to the nearest Walmart later this evening after we check in at the hotel
Oh crap, my phone is locked to Telus.....

YYCroof

If you do need to buy a US sim, may I recommend the T-mobile $30 SIM exclusively at Walmart. It includes the SIM, 100 min of talk and 5 Gb of data for 30 days.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Complete-SIM-Kit/39081494

If PM can't fix this before my USA trip next week, this is the route I'll be going.

ty666666
Not sure if this helps but my data manager on my phone says that I've used 12mb of data over roaming. About 10mb for Google services and 2 MB for chrome. I really don't know how those 12mb were actually used as internet is not working

ty666666
Hi @Shazia_K

I'm in the US right now, and I want to msg you but I can't even figure out how to pm you.
My wife and and I both have us data roaming plans and both not working. Tried it in Washington airport and now landed in Orlando.
Tried to manually luck T-Mobile and att also changed the APN noting works.
Could you please let me know if there's a solution. We heavily friend on internet for navigation and looking up places and now we're lost.

Please let me know what to expect, I need to buy a us sim card with Data by end if day if this is not solved.
Do we get a refund if this doesn't work today?

Thanks!!!

Hello @akim83

I'm sorry to hear about this,

I see that you have sent a private message, please rest assured that you will be replied to shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jigginsmcgee

@akim83 sounds like this is a larger-scale issue effecting all customers, not just you. I don't think you'll be able to get your data right now.

akim83

hi @Shazia_K, im having the same problem.  I sent you a PM about not being to use my data add on in the US.  Ive done a lot of reading about adjusting my APN but oddly im only presented with the APN settings for tethering.  i have an iphone 6 with the latest iOS update.

any help would be great.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @oh-well

I'm sorry about this, 

We did receive a private message from you and I will reply back shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The data outage has also been affecting Freedom Mobile for the past week or so:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/01/29/freedom-mobile-usa-data-roaming-outage/

oh-well

@Mary_M Please help as I do need data for business and navigation purposes.

oh-well

Yes, offline is my only option but its never as intuitive without data. My concern is I paid for a service for the 3 days I'm in the U.S. but the service does not work. How do I get names for moderators to tag?

The app Here WeGo has offline maps for many countries; though it does take up memory. I get the maps I need before travelling and use it when away from free wifi.

The moderators leave shortly; if any of you still have this issue in the morning add another reply tagging a moderator.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

YYCroof

If you are wanting to use google maps without data you can. When you get to a place with working wi-fi, may I suggest you go to your google maps app and download "offline areas" maps to your phone of the area you are driving in.

oh-well
Yes it's the correct apn. I tried both t-mobile and atnt

zmh1175

Did you set the right APN? like att or tmobile? for how to set up APN for ATT and Tmobile. serch google.

oh-well
I also tried connecting to both atnt and tmobile. Neither worked

oh-well
I was in Chicago o hare airport just an hour ago. Did not work. Will be in Sacramento in 4 hrs.

@Shazia_K  is there any info you have on this issue as there are many in the US now that aren't getting their data.  Do you know if it is a PM issue or is it an issue with the US providers?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mjenkins
I am in the same boat. Full bars on both AT&T and Verizon. Phone works. Data doesn't. I'm in a pickle here. Came to US for medical appointments and there are 2 of us relying on our public mobile roaming packages for data that is not working. I'm unable to use my phone for navigating to the appointments and accommodations, and for staying in touch with the dr's through email like I had arranged to. Between us we're in for 2 roaming bundles plus an extra gig for 20 bucks. I am very disappointed and am sitting in a coffee shop trying to find a solution. Can someone please help me out here?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Here are some links to look at for outages with T-Mobile and AT&T as there seems to be lots of issues over the last week or so

Read this http://downdetector.com/status/att seems to be some issues and depending on where you are that could be why you have no data.

Here is T-Mobile http://downdetector.com/status/t-mobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.