cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not activated

Garima1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just renewed my plan, and restarted the phone even then the data is still not activated. any thing else that can be done?

17 REPLIES 17

Garima1

Thats what I changed it to now. Its a much better plan with what my plan was already offering. 

@Garima1 wrote:

Data is activated, just changed the plan and that way I could set the renewal date to the time i wanted as well. 

Thanks a lot everyone! 

Also, if you are running out of data on a regular basis, it might be worthwhile looking at the next higher data bucket. And, of course there are the half-GB bonuses on select LTE light / 3G speed plans... Ie what used to be 2GB/$40 became 4GB/$40, then 4.5GB/$40 and is now 5GB/$40 (as of 12/03/2018) etc. (Just a reminder that you have to manually do a plan change - immediate* or future dated - to the "new" plan to get the better deal.)

* Careful, an immediate plan change forfeits the remaining talk/text/data of your current plan and there are no refunds for unused portions of the plan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Garima1 wrote:

Data is activated, just changed the plan and that way I could set the renewal date to the time i wanted as well. 

Thanks a lot everyone! 

Agree.  Change to a similar plan is a great option as long as your old plan is still offered.  After plan change, schedule another plan change back to your old plan on your next renewal date.

Garima1

Thanks a lot everyone! 

popping

@Garima1 wrote:

Yes I was trying to get my plan renewed early as I ran out of funds to use Data. sending a private message to the Moderator Team. Addons are expensvie, i agree. 

If you want to renew early, plan ahead couple of day to account for any delay so that you continue to have data while waiting for moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Garima1, I believe you're attempting to renew your plan early - this can only be done with the help of the Moderator_Team.  You'll need to contact them via private message.

If you wish to change your plan, you can do an immediate plan change via the self-serve interface, if there's a better-suited plan there for you.

I believe I saw in another thread, that you're looking to get your data started again - there are (expensive) $10 and $30 add-ons available to get you through your remaining cycle if you prefer.  These add-ons will not expire until fully used.

Smacks upside the head! Of course...stonechucker to the rescue.

I was confused that he had some things working and was just missing data. Interesting.

Garima1

Yes I was trying to get my plan renewed early as I ran out of funds to use Data. sending a private message to the Moderator Team. Addons are expensvie, i agree. 

popping

@Garima1 wrote:

Haha, what is the turn around time if I contact the Moderators?

Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Garima1 wrote:

It fluctuates. Not long ago it was same day. Now it's back to upwards to a couple days. Depends on promos, bugs introduced on a maintenance update. etc.

@Garima1, I believe you're attempting to renew your plan early - this can only be done with the help of the Moderator_Team.  You'll need to contact them via private message.

If you wish to change your plan, you can do an immediate plan change via the self-serve interface, if there's a better-suited plan there for you.

I believe I saw in another thread, that you're looking to get your data started again - there are (expensive) $10 and $30 add-ons available to get you through your remaining cycle if you prefer.  These add-ons will not expire until fully used.

Garima1

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Garima1

Tricks you out of another dollar...lol...had to add that...@z10user will explain....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Garima1 wrote:

what does this trick do?

If I understand correctly, the theory goes that it gives the account and SIM another kick in the pants to reset and re-program. The lost/stolen trick very often works.

These are tricks that have been found to work for many problems. It's a lot faster than waiting for mods.

Garima1

what does this trick do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Garima1 wrote:

No luck. 

Try the other trick of manually adding another $1 to the account.

Restart phone and see what happens.

Garima1

No luck. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Garima1 wrote:

I just renewed my plan, and restarted the phone even then the data is still not activated. any thing else that can be done?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Wow. That was speedy. You pm'd me. You posted here as suggested. Bam answered and solved. Done.

Need Help? Let's chat.