cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data exemptions for B.C. firefighters

BADINC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Out in the field tracking weather, Fire and crews. I find myself burning through alot of data I think during these times of state of emergency the people fighting the fires should be exempt from data use. And not just for weather and fire tracking but also family communication with their wife's and children

5 REPLIES 5

@LurganIeUk 

I have to agree with @Anonymous on this one. These crews work minimum 12 hour shifts up to 24 hours. Breaks while on shift are more determined by fire activity than worksafebc so any chance to connect with family is on calls or mobile data. Their precious down time in camp consists of eating, sleeping and showering so even if there is WiFi which I doubt there is little time to use it.

Granting a once every 30 days plan data reset upon request would be welcome and neither that costly to the bottom line or difficult to implement. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Your best bet is to check around to see any exclusive offer for firefighters.    Something similar to this for BC Public Sector:

FVW-flyer.pdf (bctf.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. So now professions are outrageously highly paid. Which ones are those then so people can move over to those professions? I don't think we pay many professions nearly as much as they're worth. These firefighters and teachers for starters.

And then in this case, spoken by someone sitting nice and comfy in their clear air and in their own bed. Got some compassion over there?

Sure, people made their own choices to live where they do, as did you. Firefighters don't simply go back home to their spouses and children at 5 o'clock. They're often in remote camps living communally...in these days too.

So I would suggest that the _camps_ provide wifi to those firefighters. Maybe they do. Dunno. I also don't know how much time these people have while out in the field to be in contact with loved ones.

In the meantime, Public Mobile, please do what you can to see these hard working men and women through this state of emergency.

What makes one profession more important than another thus deserving a freebie? You also have to take into the fact that some professions have a pay scale that is outrageously high and actually  non deserving of a freebie.

And what about all the other professions that support their presence. The list goes on and on!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BADINC 

Thank you for your hard work fighting our devastating wildfires. Since pm is prepaid that would be difficult to do but if any free data was given to firefighters it would be on a case by case basis. You can always contact customer support and ask if they would be willing to help. Stay--Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.