cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data error

Hilly2380
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I have available add on data that will not work. 

Screenshot_20221228-001444.png

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hilly2380 

It's likely a setting on your phone.....like @popping mentioned as simple as enabling mobile data. But I suspect it may be your data limiter or even your 30 day cycle being off by a calendar day in your data tracker. Maybe your data saver setting is affecting your ability to use mobile data? Of course when connected to wifi your phone won't use mobile data.

Looking at your phone's screenshot I can see you are connected to wifi and the 4G LTE network with good signal strength. Your account shows usage of 5.29mb which is the buffer pm uses when your phone connects to the network (the 5.29mb is reset nightly or by toggling airplane mode on....then off it will return again.) It's probably not your APN but it can't hurt to check it.

Can you send/recieve MMS? The data used for MMS will not count against your plan and/or add on data as it is sent thru a separate server. If your data usage has been paused  by your phone settings it will affect your ability to send/recieve MMS whereas no actual mobile data is needed in your account to do so.

What plan do you have? The former $10 50/50 plan....now $13? Is your issue solely to do with sending/recieving MMS? It's been reported that sending MMS now stops working when you have used all of your 50 text messages on limited texting plans?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hilly2380 

1.  If your data is not enabled, enable it.

2.  Check you APN settings against the setting posted by a CS_Agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Multiple-Issues-I-need-help/m-p/501880/hi...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hilly2380   you meant you have enough data but still unable to use them?

You were able to use data before and just stopped working today?

The current My Account has some cache issue and it is possible you are only reading old cached page, please try to access My Account  again Using Incognito mode to confirm the usage is updated and correct

If it is , then make sure you don't have any data limit set on the device.  It could be that you reached the lower limit set on the device and stopped the phone from using the data

Also, try to reboot the phone once

If that does not work, try to change the Preferred network to 3G ONLY and see if it helps

if that does not work still, try to test your PM sim card in another phone if you have one around

If you don't have another phone, try to "Reset All network" and see if it helps

Need Help? Let's chat.