cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on

cserif72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I need a data add on would like 4g would it be better to change my plan all together or just get the add on ??
8 REPLIES 8

cltrecartin

Addons are much more expensive in the long run than changing the plan. The addons are designed to supplement your plan in emergencies, ie. used more than usual due to an accidental download, home internet outage, etc. 

If you just want some 4G for this month, get the addon. 

If you're going to want it to continue, and you're going to use the amount allotted, get the plan.

cserif72
Ya I don’t go far out of my city and only need data short amounts of time when I’m not home so it really was a good deal so far 🙂

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

getting a new plan is almost always cheaper than buying the add-on, unless you plan to use the add-on as an emergency, or a one-time thing.

@cserif72 wrote:
Ya I’ve been on the same plan since I first signed up when they started opening stores lol although the prices went up and I didn’t have data then but could use it now I did change my plan for the 45.00 with 2g lite and actually received some reward money for next month !! Was paying 33.00 so it’s only 12.00 more what’s not to like ?

@cserif72, I suggest you sign up for the $40 for 4.5GB/Canada wide calling/text plan.  It would only be $5 more than what you are paying now with auto pay credit.  This will provide plenty of data with not much more cost.  The deal ends today, so act fast.

cserif72
Ya I’ve been on the same plan since I first signed up when they started opening stores lol although the prices went up and I didn’t have data then but could use it now I did change my plan for the 45.00 with 2g lite and actually received some reward money for next month !! Was paying 33.00 so it’s only 12.00 more what’s not to like ?

CalgaryBen

@cserif72 what plan are you currently on, and what do you anticipate you need to be "comfortable"?

I find the add-on is useful if your current plan basically provides what you need, but you're often close to your limit or you anticipate a high-usage cycle for some reason (e.g. traveling, and needing navigation, maps, etc.) -- it serves as a re-usable safety net.

You also mention 4G... the add-on honours whatever plan you're on, so if it's a plan with 3G data speeds, the add-on will continue this. If you have 4G speeds, then the add-on will extend that.

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

It would mainly depend on how much data you use. Less so, if you needed more calling or long distance, then a different plan may work. Just remember, if you are on a legacy plan, you won't be able to change back to it. If it is only occasionally you find yourself going over, I'd recommend the topup. But if you are doing it consistently, then you should change your plan.

Cheers,

Liam

MacMe

It depends on how much data you need per month.   If you need several GB per month an add-on wouldn't cost effective. 

Need Help? Let's chat.