cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Lorraine1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It appears that I have used 2 GB in 1 week.  This seems impossible to me.  Can you please provide the details of my data usage over the last month so I am aware how it is being used so quickly. Thx!

Please also let me know what period my billing cycle covers?

8 REPLIES 8

inigo_151
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile won't be able to provide that information for you. To get that info, you must manually go into your phones Settings, then go to your data settings. There should be a graph showing which apps use the most data.

@srlawrenwrote:

wrote:

When I go to self serve there are 70+ pages of comments - where do I find MY history ONLY?

@Lorraine1 no no, not the self-serve section of the community--your self-serve account.  Use the "My Account" link at the top of any page.

Nice catch Smiley LOL

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lorraine1 also, how to check what apps are using your data:  on an iPhone, or on an Android phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

When I go to self serve there are 70+ pages of comments - where do I find MY history ONLY?

@Lorraine1 no no, not the self-serve section of the community--your self-serve account.  Use the "My Account" link at the top of any page.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Lorraine1wrote:

Unfortunately, you will have to go through manually. But since you are looking from the past week or so, you won't need to go through all pages. Data usage is labeled as Web. 

Lorraine1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also a good idea to check your phone to see what apps are using data and how much of it. Also make sure features like wifi assist or similar are turned off as those will eat thru data quickly. 

I had an issue of an app eating thru 400mb in a couple days last month because I didn’t deactivate cellular data for it and my wifi must have been spotty so it would use data instead. Lesson learned. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

To check your usage, go to Usage History from your self-serve account. You will have to go through some pages to see when you used your data. 

What plan are you on and did you recently go through renewal? 

Need Help? Let's chat.