cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage messed up

DBGPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got a text from public, saying I've used 100% of my data. And suddenly my mobile data stopped. When I got home; I logged into my account; and I still have 3 add-ons showing in my account with plenty of data left.

1GB add-on with none of it used

1GB add-no with 612 MB left

2GB add-on with 1.24GB left

What's also odd is that my data usage shows as 9.24GB remaining of 12GB. I'm sure this isn't correct. But, I should have the add-ons remaining.

Not sure what I need to do to fix this. But, not having mobile data working is a problem 😞

5 REPLIES 5

It's a ridiculous workaround. That and the little spinner refresh icons. The lack of immediately proper updated information has caused people to make forced errors due to seeing this bad information and without them checking in the community. Seems not everybody likes or wants to interact with the community. So be it. But the system should freaking well be correct. Every time. Or a simple browser refresh if one really wants to see immediate usage updates.

DBGPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. Incognito mode changed everything. All add-ons were used up, and my 12GB regular was also gone. Kind of annoying that the site didn't show the proper amount when I was checking for the past month. But, good to know this workaround for future. 👍

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DBGPublic 

Refresh your browser and it will show your current data usage. It sound you still have 9.24gb of data.

Are you sure it is not the data counter app in your phone? The app is on a monthly cycle where PM is on a 30 days cycle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DBGPublic 

Try checking My account again, but do this first

clear cache and relaunch browser

or use Private/Incognito mode

The current My Account have problem with cached page.  What you see might not be true usage unless you clear cache first

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DBGPublic  Don’t worry about the messages I got same today..totally wrong.. happens from time to time

Need Help? Let's chat.