cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Question

vkhambil73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't understand why my data suddenly stopped today May 14, 2021 after I used only 3GM although my plan have 5GM. My plan covers between first of every month to the end of the month usually 30 days ( eg. June 1 - 30)

I need immediate explanation. If you still take monthly payment of $40.00 which should be unlimited text and messages, Canada wide talk and 5GB but only allowed to me use 3GB, I could not pay that.

Why I could not contact anyone this service? I need your immediate reply.

edited by computergeek541: customer's information removed

7 REPLIES 7

@vkhambil73

As suggested check to see if you have a data limit set in your settings for 3GB. Check your daily usage logs for your data consumption. It is updated in two 12 hour blocks each day. Add up what you have consumed since your last renewal.

@computergeek541 

Could you edit please and thank you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vkhambil73 wrote:

I don't understand why my data suddenly stopped today May 14, 2021 after I used only 3GM although my plan have 5GM. My plan covers between first of every month to the end of the month usually 30 days ( eg. June 1 - 30)

I need immediate explanation. If you still take monthly payment of $40.00 which should be unlimited text and messages, Canada wide talk and 5GB but only allowed to me use 3GB, I could not pay that.

Why I could not contact anyone this service? I need your immediate reply.

@vkhambil73 

Your phone/device can be set to match the start date of your billing cycle of your Public Mobile account. Make sure these dates are in line, so that if your phone is set to prompt you of any warning limits it will be much more accurate than if your dates are not matching.

More importantly, and in this situation, it could have a limit set on the device you are using. 

If similar could be found here:

Settings\Network\Mobile data, and look something like this.

DATA on phone and setting same as PM dates

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one-Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me exactly what I need from it.

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

If this is not a matter of your device shutting off Data access when it reaches a certain limit,

then try a RESET of your Network Settings.

If you try your SIM in another phone, are you then able to use the data from your plan?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@vkhambil73 

I would recommend you login your self service account under My Data & Add-ons 

to see the amount of data you currently used. My Data & Add-ons is update to date as per @HALIMACS listed.

If there is some discrepancy, click on SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator to look into your issue.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vkhambil73 

Please remember you are posting on a public forum and putting personal information on this forum place your personal account security at risk.

Please click on the three dots in the top right of your message and edit the personal information from your post.

@vkhambil73 

Public Mobile cycles on a 30-day rotating cycle. It does not run month to month.

In order to determine the amount of data you have consumed, you must refer to the "my data and add-on" section of your self-serve landing page for real-time and most accurate data consumption.

I will post a picture below what you should be looking for.

If the line item for your data allotment is not showing, that means you have consumed all your available data.

HALIMACS_0-1621041101017.png

vkhambil73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I mean 5GB not 5GM

Need Help? Let's chat.