cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Speeds

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can anyone comment as to what ave data speeds you're getting with PM.  Im new to PM and I noticed that when I change my preferred network type settings from 2g/3g/4g (automatic) to 2g/3g I get better speeds.  So I went from 3mbps to 7mbps roughly.  This is a new phone (One Plus 7) so Im wondering if its my phone thats slow.  Im in Ottawa area.

4 REPLIES 4

@Bullet77 wrote:

I have foud that if I leave my iPhone set for LTE enabled in settings my speedtest speeds are slower than if its disabled. I get close to 3 mb/sec down in 3G setting and 1.7/sec ish if LTE is enabled

That was explained earlier. On currently offered 3g plans, only the LTE network has throttled speeds.

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have found that if I leave my iPhone set for LTE enabled in settings my speedtest speeds are slower than if its disabled. I get close to 3 mb/sec down in 3G setting and 1.7/sec ish if LTE is enabled.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gjong26 pm throttled it's LTE speed at 3mps (3g speed). Switching to the 4g network you will have unthrittkrd speed but higher  latency.

For most people the throttled LTE is fast enough. If you want full LTE speed you need to go to Koodo Telus or other providers.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

All new plans are currently LTE throttled to 3mbs speed. It's not real LTE as it's throttled to 3G speeds.

Some older plans that people may be still on are full LTE.

If you just signed up your account will tend to give different speeds for first few days until account is provisened properly to throttle your speed to 3MBS. So not really worth doing speed tests..

Need Help? Let's chat.