cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming not working

SwimMom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have talk and text with data at home. I purchased a US add-on, it’s paid and active. I am receiving one to one texts but no MMS messages (group texts or MMS messages from individuals). I’ve tried all the suggestions but it’s still not working. This is very frustrating as my husband got an Add-On and his is working. Anyone have any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

@SwimMom wrote:

Yes I am from Canada and bought the US Add On and I’m in Hawaii

@SwimMom When you say you bought the US add on, was it the US calling add on with minutes included or the US Roaming add on (there are 4)? The latter is what you need while in the US.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SwimMom 

If you do not have a US Roaming data add on your MMS will not work unlike in Canada whereas you are not required to have data for your MMS to work you do need it when roaming in the US.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@SwimMom   are you now connected to TMobile or AT&T?

@SwimMom wrote:

@SwimMom

Try restarting your phone.

Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's network, edit or perhaps A&T.

SwimMom

Yes, still doesn’t work

SwimMom

That’s on. Still not working

SwimMom

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SwimMom wrote:

I have talk and text with data at home. I purchased a US add-on, it’s paid and active. I am receiving one to one texts but no MMS messages (group texts or MMS messages from individuals). I’ve tried all the suggestions but it’s still not working. This is very frustrating as my husband got an Add-On and his is working. Anyone have any suggestions?

@SwimMom  you are mentioning Roaming data, just making sure you are in the USA, right? Only Roaming addons are for use while you are in the USA.

If you are in Canada, then you need to buy the regular USA/international addon to make calls to the USA from Canada.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SwimMom I'll echo what @softech just posted. I encountered this very thing when I recently travelled to the US. The issue was I did not have "data roaming" enabled in my settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SwimMom   is your Mobile Data turned on?  Make sure Mobile Data is turned on as MMS needs that enabled.  Also, make sure your phone has Roaming Data enabled and that option could be disabled by default

Need Help? Let's chat.