cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Not Working

drewber83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My data isn't working. In the corner I have bars but no 4G, LTE etc. I have lots of data remaining in my buckets and the data settings appear accurate. I deleted them and re did them and I also rebooted my phone and tried going into airplane mode and back. Any other ideas of why I can't access my data? 

22 REPLIES 22

@drewber83  You can try to put it back on the Flip and test again.  After putting in the A70, it had re-provision the SIM/Account, it could have resolved the earlier problem and even the Flip could start working

If still not works, try sim from another provider and see

But glad it is resolved!!

drewber83

Alright so I put my sim card in a different phone a samsung A70 and the data is now working fine so clearly it's an issue with my Flip 3. I will try a factory reset on the flip and if not working contact Samsung support. Thanks everyone! 

@drewber83   Is yours a LG phone?

Try to run a Network Reset (but your saved Wifi will get erased too and you will have to rejoin the Wifi and reenter the passcode)

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@drewber83  Thanks for screenshots. APNs matches exactly what I have in my Samsung.

If you can edit/change them you could try changing these two below to the following. Instead of MMSC link aliasredirect etc change it to the below and then change port 8799 to port 80.

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80

@drewber83   What happen when you change the Preferred network to 3G ONLY?

drewber83

No VPN apps. 

Screenshot_20220406-152655_Settings.jpg

@drewber83   Any chance you have any VPN app setup  (some people installed it themselves, some got it via work or school)

Also check your Mobile Data page, is the Data Limit enabled?

E-MobileData.png

drewber83

Screenshot_20220406-152119_Chrome Beta.jpg

HI @drewber83   You have Wifi turned on.  True to turn off Wifi and test

drewber83

Screenshot_20220406-151847_Settings.jpg

drewber83

Screenshot_20220406-151836_Settings.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @drewber83  Does data ever worked on this phone?  or is this a new phone?

drewber83

Samsung Flip 3 5G. 4Gigs is when my phone stops data and I'm at 1.36GB. I know the buckets are 30 days regardless I have tons of data left it's not a bucket issue. I tried the data with LTE, CDMA and GSM only modes. None of them fixed it. I've done tech support back when the blackberry was still on 2G so I know most troubleshooting steps. Its worked up until 8-9am today and then suddenly nothing. 

BeachNBeer

@drewber83 Screenshot of APN settings (If it's an android) would help scratch one thing off the list in determining what your issue might be 

LeePublic

What's the model of your phone? @drewber83 

@drewber83 

You tried the 3G ONLY settings on your Network type?

Are you on Android?  Android has a setting to limit the monthly data, except the fact that the device counting it monthly while PM is running on the 30 days cycle.  The difference could make the data counter mixing up with the cycle date and stopped your data

Also, if you have another phone around, try to put your PM SIM into the other phone and test

So has your data been working, on this phone previously ?  What kinda phone you using ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do any apps get connected? Browser? Email? The idea of settings on the phone self-limiting your usage was a good one. Public is 30 days not monthly.

drewber83

As stated I have data left. 1036MB used of my 3GB and my 2GB bonus still all there plus another 2GB bucket half used. The settings are correct. Yes I can make calls and receive calls and send and receive texts. It's specific to my data connection with public 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account / My Data and Add-ons to see how much data is remaining. If you see no mention of data...that means its gone until next renewal.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Data turned on? Do you mean the APN settings? If you re-did those then maybe there's a typo now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@drewber83 

Are you getting calls or able to make calls without problem?

Try to change the network to 3G ONLY and WCDMA ONLY and see if it works

Also, make sure your Mobile Data is Enabled and you don't have a data limit set on the device

Need Help? Let's chat.