cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Limit Suddenly Lowered, Did Not Request This, Still Paying Full Amount for Plan

okayyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data cap was just recently lowered from 4GB to 50mb. I found this out when I hit my cap, and lost the ability to use data while I was travelling without WiFi. My phone, a OnePlus 6, displays that my limit is now 50mb, and I maxed that out. I did not request this. I have paid all of my bills on-time as I am on autopay, and am still paying the full amount for my plan. This has caused me quite a headache.

Does anybody have any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@okayyes Your self-service account always has the correct info about used/unused data for your plan😉 Check it time to time.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@okayyes  sounds like you set your data on your phone to turn off after 50mbts. Settings, search data limit and remove it. 

If this doesn't work try resetting your network, restart your phone and edit the APN settings if applicable. Let us know if this doesn't work. Thanks.

okayyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. It appears I had data turned off on my phone, and was not aware I could do this... I am not savvy with these things. Thank you for your prompt, succint, and helpful reply. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@okayyes wrote:

My data cap was just recently lowered from 4GB to 50mb. I found this out when I hit my cap, and lost the ability to use data while I was travelling without WiFi. My phone, a OnePlus 6, displays that my limit is now 50mb, and I maxed that out. I did not request this. I have paid all of my bills on-time as I am on autopay, and am still paying the full amount for my plan. This has caused me quite a headache.

Does anybody have any advice?

Firstly...log into My Account, then click on Plan Details to confirm what your current plan consists of.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@okayyes 

Check your self-serve for the actual consumption.

Check your phone for any self-set data limits.

Need Help? Let's chat.