cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO PRICES AUTOMATICALLY INCREASE IN YOUR PLAN AFTER PROMO PRICE TIME FRAME??

dariovitale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello and good day.

For example, if you signed for a 12 month promo deal and on the 13th month with same plan has anyone noticed price increases or stayed the same promo price? 

27 REPLIES 27

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen- It's shown in the Quebec region view. The promo code doesn't seem to work on a plan change (while I have a non-Quebec number, maybe someone with a Quebec number could test it). The promo code does work showing the green checkmark on a new activation after selecting a non-Quebec number (although I didn't finish the activation).

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's a great deal - can't find it in the SHOP section - can anyone use this promo code or was it targeted? 

@dust2dust wrote:

I see it now. I'll just put this here just because. Interesting that it doesn't say new customers. Here or in the details. Figures the activation page is down right now.

dust2dust_0-1683865375410.png

I couldn't find any informaiton about this offer being region specific.  However, as from earlier, the promo code doesn't work on existing accounts (but does work during activation).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I see it now. I'll just put this here just because. Interesting that it doesn't say new customers. Here or in the details. Figures the activation page is down right now.

dust2dust_0-1683865375410.png

@dariovitale Yes, the plan is only offered for Quebec account.  But the extra $6 off is only for new activation 

dariovitale

Im in Quebec. 

@dariovitale  Im guessing you live in Quebec as I see this plan now offered on the site , and as I suspected and others have now already mentioned that $6 promo is for new activations only , but as your aware now also you still get to keep your old rewards 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@dariovitale- Could you provide us an image of this promo that is being mentioned? Did you get it in an email? In a text?

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am @ wrote:

@dariovitale wrote:

I was on the 15gb plan for $40 that I signed up for last November 2022 and this week switched to the current $39 ($45-6 12mth promo) 20gb plan to start next billing cycle. 

I am not seeing this deal being offered in my account.  I am an long term customer as well, heading on 7 full years. 

It's the $45/20GB 4G plan. OP is getting $6 referral rewards, not a promo credit. 

There is a $6 promo code that is not part of the reward system.  That code is meant to apply to new activations.  

@dariovitale wrote:

I was on the 15gb plan for $40 that I signed up for last November 2022 and this week switched to the current $39 ($45-6 12mth promo) 20gb plan to start next billing cycle. 

@dariovitale   where you see it has a 12 months promo?

and Don't change to new rewards system, the old one is much better.   The loyalty rewards on the old one is MUCH MUCH better than the rewards on the new one.  

@dariovitale wrote:

Unfortunately, the promo code doesn't work for existing customers. It results in an error message saying that the promo code is invalid.  The $45 plan can be switched to but eixsing customers won't get the $6 off.

@will13am @ wrote:

@dariovitale wrote:

I am not seeing this deal being offered in my account.  I am an long term customer as well, heading on 7 full years. 

It's the $45/20GB 4G plan. OP is getting $6 referral rewards, not a promo credit. 

@dariovitale wrote

$6 credit you get is the rewards credit (not a promo credit) which will stay. So yes, your plan price will be $45-$6 rewards. If have been with PM for 5 years your rewards should at least be $5 + $2 AutoPay if you have Automatic Payment enabled. 

@dariovitale wrote:

@dariovitale  Was this a text offer you got or just going on my account to change plans ? Cos when I see it shows $ savings each month on plans it for the Points  you now accumulate and redeem otherwise as existing customers on old rewards we are the lucky ones that can just change plan on next renewal and keep the old rewards , then the less lucrative points and the extra unnecessary step of redeeming them 

dariovitale

@dariovitale  Stay with old rewards there superior to the new rewards , you have to choose to switch to it in the rewards portal and it’s a one way street and you can never go back to old rewards … so definitely don’t SWITCH if you haven’t already 

@Handy1- There was a mess of a promo last Cyber Monday where existing customers discovered they could take advantage of a promo. But the net price was $35. Not $45. I don't think this customer is on that when they're saying they're paying $39.

@dariovitale- DON'T SWITCH.

dariovitale

Im gettin $5 in rewards. So which is better, the old rewards plan or the newer points plan?

Well yes after 5 years , but any promo would be a new activation right not just a change of plans 

AFTER 5 years. But rewards are not the same as a promo. When did you change to this plan? It doesn't sound like a promo.

@dariovitale @In that case with auto pay you should get $7 off making $38 each month plus tax 

Adding the promos for 12 months either dollor amount points or data is just for new activations I believe 

dariovitale

Im on the old rewards plan. Im a 5yr old customer. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If the promo was a dollars per month off the base price promo then when the promo ends you would simply go back to the base price. But that base price rarely changes.

A base price rise was attempted back in 2018 that failed after an uproar on a technicality of marketing terminology even though the terms of the "contract" were the same as they are now. A base price increase last year seemed nobody cared and there were very few sympathetic supporters of those that did.

@dariovitale  If you just joined and are in public points then each month you will pay $45 plus tax and once you accumulate 15 points you can redeem $15 off your bill or if you wait till you have 30 points you can then put $30 towards your bill doing 2 $15 increments 

Sign in to rewards portal view catalog

Handy1_0-1683850385532.jpeg

dariovitale

I just signed up for the $45 20gb plan that will give a $6 discount, thus costing $39 for the first 12 months. So you are saying it will increase back to $45 on the 13th month? Are you sure?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dariovitale Of course you will lose the $x amount of promo credit. If the plan is $40, it will stay as $40, but you just won't receive the promo credit once the promo period ends. 

Need Help? Let's chat.