cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support through Twitter?!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I haven't requested help from the moderators for some time now, and was surprised to find out that support is now being provided through Twitter or Facebook. If you haven't contacted Moderator_Team by private message recently, they ask you to click on a link to confirm your identity, which brings you to a form from Telus, where you can choose your support method. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 5.12.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 5.18.42 PM.png

Since I've been away from Community for the last year or so, seems like a lot of changes of happened. Out of curiousity, when did the authentication through Twitter or Facebook start? Do users like it, or prefer the old way of contacting a moderator directly? I liked contacting/interacting with the mods, so this is definitely a different way of getting support.

Your thoughts?! Robot Very Happy

9 REPLIES 9

As I originated this mess in our forum I can only tell you all that the procedure described to me was:

1. use the authenticator first (check Twitter, use Community handle in Twitter box)

2. then send private message to moderators outlining the issue AND noting that you have "authenticated".

And yes,

- it is two steps not just a private message

- it seems daft when an active text box on the authenticator would do it all in 1 step

- if you do not do it the moderators may do it for you, or request that you do it anyway

- if you've forgotten your PIN you must send a private message with 3 pieces of info out of:

- Complete mailing address

- Email address

- Alternate phone number

- Date of birth

- Last top up date & amount

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@daredogg wrote:

@will13am in my private message to the moderator team, yes I included my phone number and 4-digit PIN, yet they asked me to authenticate anyway. I clicked the link, used my twitter handle, included my phone number and PIN. As of 8:30 pm EST I haven't heard back, but I wasn't expecting an immediate response.

Thanks for the feedback.  I was wearing the shoes of a customer at large when I asked the question.  There was no hidden messages in the question.  Just wanted to know so I can learn the process just like everybody else.  I am not the sharpest knife in the oracle drawer.  

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I can provide some insights on this.  I participated in a live test of the account validation link today.  I was able to successfully transmit the two essential pieces of information namely account or phone and PIN over to the moderators using each of twitter, facebook and Public mobile community.  It was a single test of each selection, maybe the thing is not 100% repeatible.  You can enter anything you like in the twitter username field.  Be nice, nothing illegal or immoral please.  It is just a text entry that nobody needs. 

@daredogg, in your message to the moderator team, did you happen to not include account validation information in the message? 

@will13am  I'm confused. how does this validation help?  is it because it is sending the phone number and pin via a separate method (ie not stored in private messages)?

@Ludditet said twitter was a must but you succeeded with Facebook and community?

when I click the various buttons only twitter has an additional text box and you can put anything in there?  how is that supposed to help?   why not just account number/tel number and pin?

now the big questions

• What happens when you don't remember the pin number?
  • can I still get help for the various accounts I manage from one community account?

Good questions, Public Mobile should be the one answering these questions.  I am just a customer with a star next to the name, that still a customer.  When the oracles received the rollout we were told only Twitter works.  I had to put on my black hat today and test this statement.  That is my character, curious when things don't make any sense.  I have posted my test results.  Interpret it however you want.  In the mean time, do what is asked of you by the moderator team.  In good conscience, I can't tell you to be disobedient whether I have or don't have a star next to my name.

@will13am in my private message to the moderator team, yes I included my phone number and 4-digit PIN, yet they asked me to authenticate anyway. I clicked the link, used my twitter handle, included my phone number and PIN. As of 8:30 pm EST I haven't heard back, but I wasn't expecting an immediate response.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I can provide some insights on this.  I participated in a live test of the account validation link today.  I was able to successfully transmit the two essential pieces of information namely account or phone and PIN over to the moderators using each of twitter, facebook and Public mobile community.  It was a single test of each selection, maybe the thing is not 100% repeatible.  You can enter anything you like in the twitter username field.  Be nice, nothing illegal or immoral please.  It is just a text entry that nobody needs. 

@daredogg, in your message to the moderator team, did you happen to not include account validation information in the message? 

@will13am  I'm confused. how does this validation help?  is it because it is sending the phone number and pin via a separate method (ie not stored in private messages)?

@Ludditet said twitter was a must but you succeeded with Facebook and community?

when I click the various buttons only twitter has an additional text box and you can put anything in there?  how is that supposed to help?   why not just account number/tel number and pin?

now the big questions

• What happens when you don't remember the pin number?
  • can I still get help for the various accounts I manage from one community account?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@daredogg, it is a standard form used by Telus and Koodo and we are stuck with it.  You just Select Twitter but you input your Community Username in there not a twitter handle.  There has been some great discussion in the Oracle section about this and we have been very outspoken about some weaknesses and issues we see with this method.

Oh, I ended up putting my Twitter handle in there. Haven't received a response yet, so are you suggesting I redo the form with daredogg instead? They should really customize the form for each carrier, so it's not confusing (just like @anya mentioned)!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@daredogg, it is a standard form used by Telus and Koodo and we are stuck with it.  You just Select Twitter but you input your Community Username in there not a twitter handle.  There has been some great discussion in the Oracle section about this and we have been very outspoken about some weaknesses and issues we see with this method.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @daredogg Looks like the new authentication process just came into effect. Here is a discussion on it. I’m surprised to see that they put a public community button up there only to tell you not to use it. It’s going to confuse people who are already stressed if they have an urgent issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Account-validation-for-moderator-support/m...

Need Help? Let's chat.