cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card processing fee

obd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Telus has applied to the CRTC for permission to charge their customers that pay by credit card and additional 1.5% credit card processing fee. Since you are part of Telus and given that this fee may be approved by the CRTC, being that I am on the Public Mobile automatic monthly payment option, will I be subject to these additional fees?

5 REPLIES 5

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

CRTC received a lot of lash-backs on this, so it's way too early to say if Telus will get the approval. If they do, they will have to decide if they would include fees on Koodo and PM. I am very doubtful this will go through during these tough times if CRTC stands strong and fight for us. Even if they do let it through, you can easily purchase PM vouchers and add it in your account prior to renewals.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As you said Telus has applied... Nobody know what is going to be. We are all in the same boat.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Nothing has been announced about applying this under Public Mobile yet @obd . Here is hoping it stays that way. 🤞

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@obd 

It is too early to see. Currently PM does not apply a CC fee but who knows they might.

I will switch from CC to debit when the time comes.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@obd 

at PM not additional fees.

Need Help? Let's chat.