cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charge doesn't match account credit

LD500
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated and ported my phone over to Public Mobile earlier today on the $40/4GB Fall Promotion.

The Activation Details email I received from Public says my Pick&Pay amount was $246.

My credit card was charged $246.

When I log into my Public Mobile account it shows I have $132 available funds.

Why was I charged $246?

9 REPLIES 9

Cassandradc1
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi LD500,

We truly apologize for the delay. We have been receiving a high volume of request due to the amazing promotion we had.

We will be sending you a private message right away in order to help you with your issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

LD500
Received an email today saying I must have put that extra charge on myself but I did sign up for the right plan. Don't see how that could have happened since I wouldn't be on the $120 plan if I actually charged $246. Whatever. No offer to fix the issue but just wait for the next charge to deduct from my credit. In other words, no help.

LD500
Over a week and no contact from Public Mobile.
Was a fan to start but now I can only be disgusted at their horrible service. No email blast even to say they are behind but trying hard to get back to us all.
At least I have service. I can only imagine the predicament those are in who have a port in limbo and no response. Shame on Telus for not stepping in and updating us all. Not good to hide behind being a self serve discount service. This isn't self service, it's no service. I wonder if some of their staff have quit leaving them short handed.

To make things worse I just received a customer survey for Public Mobile.

LD500
How do I tag or get a moderator to address this issue? Thought I would wait until Monday for their accounting dept but still no response to this post or my support request.

enms

I would not be happy with being overcharged either. I would imagine those working in accounting might not work on weekends, but still someone should be in touch with you in the meantime.

Have you tried contacting them on Twitter? Have read a few stories of them being quick to respond there, moreso than here on the forum.

LD500
Haven't heard from Public Mobile. I guess if nothing gets corrected I have $132 credit for the next payment in Feb'17 correct?

Still not happy a glitch charged my account more than double and concerned if account is all setup ok other than this one time overcharge.
Opinions?

LD500
I see many comments about "contact a mod to fix" but how do you do that?

I entered a contact us message. What else can I do to get this fixed? Definitely looks like a glitch put extra charges on my account.

LD500
Noticed these charges on My Account. Looks like I was charged for parts of the plan in addition to the Fall Promo charge of $126. Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance Nov 18, 2016 AutoPay Reward $6.00 $132.00 Nov 18, 2016 Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province $51.00 $126.00 Nov 18, 2016 Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International $45.00 $177.00 Nov 18, 2016 12GB Data/Données 12 Go $125.00 $222.00 Nov 18, 2016 90-day pass/Passe de 90 jours $25.00 $347.00 Nov 18, 2016 Fall 2016 Promo/Offre de l’automne 2016 $126.00 $372.00 Nov 18, 2016 Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit $246.00 $246.00

jlm1991
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

System glitch,  I would contact a mod

Need Help? Let's chat.