cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Surcharge Fees

soulima
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you planning on adding credit card surcharges to your bills?

6 REPLIES 6

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From the Telus Website: Credit Card Processing Fee | TELUS Support
*Currently, TELUS Prepaid accounts and all customers in Quebec are excluded from the Credit Card Processing Fee.

Since Public Mobile is Prepaid, I assume we are safe for now.

No Fee Payment Methods that could apply at PM as it is currently:

• Visa Debit
  • Visa Prepaid (Mind you they have an activation fee and not sure if they are accepted here)
  • Mastercard Prepaid (Also has an activation fee and not sure if they are accepted here)

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

But the only way to use Auto Pay is to use a credit card.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I hope PM will refrain of adding surcharge being 3rd tier provider and trying to bring as many customers as possible.

Many bills you could not pay by credit card like water, natural gas, tax, etc. Actually you Could but you would be charged 'processing fee'.

Not many companies will implement that 'right' to charge card fee as people will avoid shopping or using their services. We have to wait and see how it develops...

Idea of little discount for debit/cash might work but there is no point of speculating right now.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Now that it's legal for service providers to surcharge for credit card use, it is a matter of time they will all do it.  Competitive pressures might be the cork in the bottle for now.  Let's look at the bigger picture, some people get a ton of free flights annually just for using the credit card.  Who pays for this?  Money does not grow on trees.  What I would like to see is a modest discount for using debit.  Nothing like a small nudge to get people off of credit cards.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@soulima  NO for now

It would be harder for PM to implement.  With PM, credit card is the main way to pay (although you can also pay by debit, voucher or instant top-up), I think they have to at least allow us to pay via bank like you pay other bills before they can start that credit card surcharges here

But honest, credit card surcharge is a ridiculous move for Telus anyway

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@soulima hi there is no official word of it happening here yet but it wouldn't surprise me, I will be using debit or vouchers if it happens 

Need Help? Let's chat.