cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Kelowna, BC near UBC campus

UncleBill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I would like to find out the PM signal strength at the UBC campus in Kelowna and the surrounding area. Please share any experience you have.

I know the coverage map include those area as well. However, coverage map don't tell you anything about the signal strength. You can have no service within a covered area.

Anyway, thanks for any info you provide.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@UncleBill fair enough.  🙂  I was actually being a bit tongue-in-cheek.  That's a great price, so as long as it meets your needs, that's perfect.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

UncleBill

@srlawren, Mobilicity still fit my needs well and for $25 per month, I will stay with them until I really need higher speed internet.

srlawren

That's great, @UncleBill.  🙂  Telus is pretty tough to beat out west, it's their home turf.  

Are you thinking of moving your own line over from Mobilicity?  I'm sure you wife can attest to how wonderful PM is 🙂  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

UncleBill

Hi @srlawren, just finished reading it. Sounds positive to me. I think it's good enough for me to forward the info to my friend.

srlawren

@UncleBill fair enough, and I understand the concern.  Did you check out that reddit link that @PhoneSeeker posted?  Seems most are saying Telus or Koodo (which is also on the Telus network) are all as good as it gets.  

UncleBill

Hi @PhoneSeeker and @srlawren, thanks for your reply.

I did check out the cellmapper site. The signal strength is good around downtown Kelowna but getting worst when it moving closer to UBCO campus. That's why I want to ask if anyone have experience using PM around UBCO campus.

@srlawren, I'm not in BC myself. I'm in Ontario with Mobilicity and my wife is using PM right now. Just want to find out if PM is a good recommendation for a friend's kid.

srlawren

@UncleBill I can't speak to it personally, but PM runs on the Telus network, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't great near a UBC campus of any description.  🙂  EDIT: what carrier are you with currently?   

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

According to cellmapper (user generated signal strength map), it seems that PM (Telus network) has excellent coverage around the Kelowna/UBCO area (Light Green = Best): 

PM Coverage Map.png

This is from an old post, but people on reddit reccomend Koodo (exact same network as Public Mobile) for the UBC Okanagan campus, so you should be in good hands with Public Mobile: https://www.reddit.com/r/kelowna/comments/1jz5it/going_to_ubc/

Just remember, Telus, and therefore Public Mobile has one of the best networks in Canada, and that is especially true for BC where Telus is currently based.

Need Help? Let's chat.