cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't use US Data Add-on

sunsun1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In Decemeber I was in the US and purchased a 1gb data add-on. I saw my carrier change to T-Mobile but the data was not working at all. I went to a T-Mobile store and the representative told me that I would need a US sim card for date to work with their company. What...? 

I would appreciate a refund on a service (add-on) that did/does not function.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunsun1 the T-mobile rep was misinformed and gave you bad info.  I can 100% confirm that both AT&T and T-Mobile are US roaming partners with Public Mobile, and I have used both networks (at various times) while visiting the US with my PM SIM and US romaing add-on(s).  

The cause of your issue is not clear.  You say your phone is relatively new.  Did you confirm you had Mobile Data Roaming enabled in your settings?  Many people disable this out of paranoia from experience with other carriers, whereas this is completely unnecessary with Public Mobile (due to the pre-purchase requirement and zero surprise billings after the fact).  

You are quite within your right to hold out on yoru renewal but in the end you're probably just hurting yourself by not having service while you wait for satisfactory resolution.  Totally within your rights, of course, but I'm not sure what you're planning to accomplish.  If you don't get a satisfactory resoluiton on this issue, will you leave?  If so, your line will need to be active in order to port our your number anyway.  You may have conisdered all of this already or don't care, in which case, no offense intended.  Do what you see is fit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunsun1

Thanks,

Just sent them a message. Hopefully this will be delt with in a way that is fair to Public Mobile customers. 

I will be putting my next renewal on hold until this is resolved.

sunsun1

Definitely not a roaming settings issue.

My phone is relatively new and problem free so I don't see how it could be that.

Plus I had my number and phone checked in a T-Mobile store and they've stated that their company requires a US SIM card for their services to function...

sometimes it happens, but have you check all your settings is correct, roaming is on etc?  

Most of the time its phone issue. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sunsun1,  Your only option would be to contact the moderators team via private message and ask.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.