cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost for changing plan in the middle of the month

2024-09-05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have $35.00 / MONTH 30-day plan, 3GB at 3G Speed. I see there are better options so I was trying to switch and noticed that I am in the middle of the billing cycle. So If I change the plan now, will I get charged pro-rated? That is if I go an a higher cost plan will I only pay the difference as calculated for the remaining days in the cycle or will it just start a new cycle and my current payment will be partially lost (that is I would have only used about a week of service even though I paid for the whole month)?

And If I go on a low cost plan will I get pro-rated refund?

7 REPLIES 7

2024-09-05

If I knew that I would have checked sooner and changed earlier. I have been on $35.00 / MONTH 30-day plan, 3GB at 3G Speed.

In my account I see the 2 from the listed but with lower data

$30.00 / MONTH for 15GB
35.00 / MONTH for 50GB
But I would prefer $23.00 / MONTH even with 3GB as that's more than enough for me or other lower cost option like some others have gotten. I have been on the 3GB plan and paying $35.

@2024-09-05 

Existing customers are offered different personalized plans.  Which plans are offered in your account?  

It seems the PM offers personalized plans offers to existing customers that are usually more expensive than the original plan.  Public mobile is making it harder for existing customers to get lower priced plans.  

2024-09-05

Thank you everyone for your help. 🙏

2024-09-05

Hello,

On the website homepage I see the options for 4G Plans as listed below but when I try to change subscription in My Account after login I do not see these options.

$23.00 / MONTH for 6GB
$30.00 / MONTH for 20GB
35.00 / MONTH for 50+10GB

How can I avail these options? I saw a message from someone getting $19/Month plan as well. Why is that one not visible on the website anywhere?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @2024-09-05 

there are two choice to make plan change:

Change Now: not the best choice.  PM charges you new plan now and start new cycle, but the current one will not have partial refund, so all wasted

Change on Renewal: schedule the plan change on next renewal.  So, you can finish your current cycle, no waste of money

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@2024-09-05  unfortunately  there are no credits or prorated amounts provided. If you change mid cycle using the change now option, the remaining will be lost.

HOWEVER, if you change today, there is the option  to Change on Renewal. This will ensure that you finish your entire cycle and it will change on the next cycle without any loss.

Two options will be provided.  

Change Now or Change on Renewal. 

You have to select the latter. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@2024-09-05 wrote:

Hi, I have $35.00 / MONTH 30-day plan, 3GB at 3G Speed. I see there are better options so I was trying to switch and noticed that I am in the middle of the billing cycle. So If I change the plan now, will I get charged pro-rated? That is if I go an a higher cost plan will I only pay the difference as calculated for the remaining days in the cycle or will it just start a new cycle and my current payment will be partially lost (that is I would have only used about a week of service even though I paid for the whole month)?

And If I go on a low cost plan will I get pro-rated refund?

Public Mobile doesn't do prorated refunds.  If you do a plan change to occur right now, you have to pay the full price of the plan and the dollars paid for the old plan don't get refunded. The new plan would also start right now.

Also, for changing to a higher price plan, you can't just pay difference. You pay the full amount and you lose the price paid for the old plan.

To avoid losing dollars, schedule a plan change to occur at the next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.