cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to 3G, but not LTE

livelove
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Unlocked S7 edge purchased from Wind.
I double checked the settings as well, would anyone have a solution?

Edit: I only ported over yesterday!
9 REPLIES 9

livelove
Yeah it eventually connected to LTE on its own. I guess I will still do the reset since it's a nice refresh.

Ps I'm lovinnn my new service! 🙂

binaryjay

In my case, my phone seems to just prefer 3G for a while after it has been freshly booted, and nothing will get it to connect to LTE on PM network right away... but if I just leave it after some time I'll check and it'll be on LTE,  Try just forgetting about it for a while and see if your phone will just eventually switch over.

I suspect the LTE network isn't very good in my area (Bloor West Village in Toronto), and the phone just strongly prefers the stronger 3G signal.  My LTE speed tests around here are pretty pathetic most of the time as well.

I wish it were better, but it's not a real big deal if the LTE signal isn't great while I'm at home - at least not until a power failure.  I was hoping for better from the Telus network in this regard.

Yes download smart switch in your pc or laptop connect your phone via usb and click backup and select everything. It's will pretty much back up everything. And once you use csc menu then restore it back.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

livelove

Thanks, so use Samsung Switch and backup to my pc right?

It's not hard i do all the time with Samsung. It's even help to get better signals. The hard part is backing up all the data and then restore it back.
Welcome to pm 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

livelove

Daaamn I will actually have to go through that?

I'll try to later after work.

Thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@livelove as @Samianauman noted, that is what is required.  Wind has locked out LTE on your phone since it's not compatible with their LTE network (band 66).  The steps he mentioned will resolve that, but will wipe your phone back to factory, so do make sure to back up anything you want to keep that's not already backed up somewhere or synced to the cloud.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@KShatila
It's more like phone issue freedom ppls are smart they blocked all lte band so ppls won't able to use phone with other carrier

Here s how you fix that
Wind usually block lte setting

Goto dialer
Dial this
 *#272*Phone’s IMEI# 
You will get csc menu and then select koodo or telus
And then reboot
Will fix 3g issue.
But do a full backup first use Samsung switch
It's will remove all data and reset your phone.

KShatila

@livelove I ported a week ago from freedom mobile to public mobile, had a couple of issues - did not have service call + text + data for almost 48hrs. The best option is to direct message a moderator with your name, phone number, the serial number of ur sim card and public mobile account # (they will get back to you and fix your problem). Hope this helps, cheers.

Need Help? Let's chat.