cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed we cannot receive calls from Fido users

Shiyuu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A few folks here already raised the issue of unable to receive calls from some of their friends/family members, but calling out or sending text are still working.

So after I checked with few friends from different carriers, it looks like We cannot receive calls from Fido. (Not sure about Rogers)
But other carriers such as TELUS/BELL/Koodoo/Virgin Mobile networks are working.

- Error: The # you called cannot be completed as dialed, please try again later.

So, is this a Public Mobile's network issue?  or Fido's issue?

11 REPLIES 11

SaGil_LOL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, and not all Rogers/Fido phone calls don't work. Only some family and friends numbers don't work. 

I reset all network settings with Android.

-Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Network Settings

-Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Network Operators > Select Manually>Public Mobile

Restarted phone after but still doesn't work 

I can receive SMS and voicemail from them. They said when they call me it rings normally but it never shows on my cellphone.. and they can leave voicemail and I would then receive a voicemail notification.

I can call them, text and leave voicemail with them with no problem.

Both phone numbers worked fine before but just suddenly I'm not able to receive their calls anymore. Not on the same day but same problem.

But I'll try to change to 3G and see if that helps.

Update: Just tried 3G, didn't help. 

hi @SaGil_LOL 

So you can make outbound calls and data works??

on your phone, try Reset All networks 

Also, change ge networks mode to 3G and also test in different area

If you  can find anothet phone, try your sim card in another phone 

SaGil_LOL

No, I'm long term PM customer. 🥲

SaGil_LOL

Same I have been long term customer.

One party had been with Fido many years, just all of a sudden can't call me, everything else works fine (I confirmed with all methods, I didn't block that number! If I use another phone with my SIM it worked) 

Another one just recently ported their number over to Fido but not in same Fido account as the first one.. but same issue...

hi @SaGil_LOL 

you ported in number? I will send you porting team  number, check your Community Inbox  for the number and call them 

SaGil_LOL

Hi Shiyuu,

Can you let us know how the issue was solved? We're still having same issues ☹

Shiyuu

Update: Looks like this issue has been resolved.
I've received the test calls from my Fido friends successfully.

Shiyuu

I'm suspecting could this be a Fido/Rogers network issue...
Could you can get your spouse to post the same issue on Rogers forum and see what they say?

[✅  thanks for confirming .... Luddite]

SethWilcox

Having a similar issue. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Unable-to-receive-calls/td-p/1085041

But not just FIDO customers. Spouse can't call me and is with Rogers. 

Shiyuu

Long time member, and tried all of the possible solutions already.

Until I found out this is a network issue only Fido friends who called me cannot get through, but other non-Fido friends who test called me all works...
(Another friend of mine is also on PM, and suffered the same issue too, cuz his gf is on Fido, LOL)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shiyuu 

Did you recently ported your number to PM?

Or are you a long time member?

Reboot your phone by powering off then back on to see if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.