cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for data add-on I did NOT purchase

MatthewB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on the $25/mo plan with the 500mb and the extra bonus 500mb of 3G data, and upon inspection of my “payment history” tab, I found out I had been charged for the $10/mo 1GB data plan which I did not buy.

Tried to submit a ticket but it wouldn’t let me sign in to submit one, so I figured I’d ask here and see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

8 REPLIES 8

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

For anyone else left wondering, here's what your payment history would look like:

DateTransaction TypeCredit (Payments)Debit (Charges)Balance
29-Jan-201GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00$0.00
29-Jan-2030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$15.00
29-Jan-20Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$23.00 $25.00
29-Jan-20AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00

The latest transaction is always shown on top. You can read the list starting from the bottom and go upwards.

@MatthewB wrote:

Oh yes, silly me! I see that now, it was broken into two. Does this mean that the bonus 500mb on the $25 plan will continue for the rest of the time I am on the plan, or does it only last a month (hence the “bonus” incentive). It doesn’t say “one-time” bonus so I am not sure. I was also given a $10 referral bonus which I didn’t do..

@MatthewB  The 500 MB bonus continues as long as AutoPay is enabled on your account.

@MatthewBthe bonus will continue for as long as you are on autopay and your account is in good standing . Thanks for accepting my answer as the solution.  Glad that we could help you . Have a great week.

@MatthewB wrote:

Oh yes, silly me! I see that now, it was broken into two. Does this mean that the bonus 500mb on the $25 plan will continue for the rest of the time I am on the plan, or does it only last a month (hence the “bonus” incentive). It doesn’t say “one-time” bonus so I am not sure. I was also given a $10 referral bonus which I didn’t do..

MatthewB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MatthewB wrote:

I am on the $25/mo plan with the 500mb and the extra bonus 500mb of 3G data, and upon inspection of my “payment history” tab, I found out I had been charged for the $10/mo 1GB data plan which I did not buy.

Tried to submit a ticket but it wouldn’t let me sign in to submit one, so I figured I’d ask here and see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

@MatthewB  The payment history shows your plan broken down into two line items. I suspect that the $10 refers to your plan data. There should be another line item for $15 above or below that line. Is that not the case?

Edit: Ninjad again!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MatthewB how much was the charge on your credit card? Ie $25 - 2 autopay = 23 + tax. Did you see the $10 charge in my account .  PM breaks it's bill into 2 components a data charge and a  line charge. If this doesn't clarify the situation please contact a moderator .

To contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmar in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@MatthewB wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@MatthewB 

Can you please take the screenshot with personal info blacked out?

Add-on costs 30 not 10

Your payment of 25 should be broken into 10+15

Can you compare it to previous charges? What was the total that was debited.

If you were indeed charged total v$35 you can contact moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The 250MB add-on is $10 and the 1 GB is $30.  Under data and add-ons is it the 250 MB data add-on appearing ?

Need Help? Let's chat.