cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a service that I never received

Debbie0126
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like a refund of the $17.25 you charged on my credit card.  I never got my phone activated as you gave me someone elses phone number.  I cancelled my service.  However, I was charged $17.25 and I would like this refunded.  Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Debbie0126 wrote:

I never got my phone activated as you gave me someone elses phone number.  I cancelled my service.  

@Debbie0126 wrote:

The account was never activated. 

@Debbie0126  if your account was never activated, how do you know you got someone else phone number?   Occasionally, PM would make  this mistakes, given out a number that owned by someone else.  But the account was activated, user have the service working except finding out later that incoming calls didn't get to them.

So,  was it the same?  you can make outgoing calls but have issue with incoming calls (the calls got routed to another person).   If so, a quick way is to go back to My Account and choose Change Number

PM is a prepaid service and won't refund.  Likely you still have over 20 days of service.  If you don't mind, try using the PM for the rest of the cycle and hope you like the service here and will stay.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Debbie0126 wrote:

I would like a refund of the $17.25 you charged on my credit card.  I never got my phone activated as you gave me someone elses phone number.  I cancelled my service.  However, I was charged $17.25 and I would like this refunded.  Thank you

Hello @Debbie0126 

Well, it sounds like you activated a SIM card and plan, but obviously was having issues with the phone number that was given to you.

There are still options for your here. Of course, you should not be given a number that someone else was also assigned, but this could happen.

You can change your phone number 4 times a month, if needed, on your Self Serve account.

Did you have your other services working?

Let Moderators know about the phone number mix up, if wish; and if you are really upset about the whole thing you could ask for a refund - but do not count on it; because, unless there are other occurrences here you did not mention, I don't think there is a reason for a refund.

It sounds like you can still get Public Mobile service with a phone number change up!

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@Debbie0126 

Try to just stay in the thread you started. If your card was charged that means you activated a plan with pm but there may have been an issue with the sim card provisioning correctly.

If you would like the moderators go look into the activation issue and you can see if you can convince them you issue a refund then you can certainly try......click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type incomplete activation and humsn and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next your avatar at the top tight corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Expect a reply in an hour or two.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Debbie0126 

Officially there are no refunds for pre-paid service. But help us understand what has happened. You activated a sim card with the $15 plan and chose a tempoary number? Tried to port your number in? How exactly did you cancel the service?

Debbie0126
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not have a public mobile phone.  The account was never activated.  Please refund the money you charged to my credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.