cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chaninging phone number

CNP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with PM for a month now and it's all good 🙂  I'm live in South AB and I have been using a 780 area code which is not the local area code.  So I am going to change my number today to a local 403 area code.  I have a question though.  Will all of the txt messages on my phone disappear when I change numbers?  This isn't critical.......just asking the question.  Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

CNP

@Nezgar wrote:

@CNP wrote:

Problem solved!!!!!!!!!

Mods are awesome!!!!!!!!

Thank you and Mery Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Great! Curious if the mods gave any indication of what they had to do to resolve?

I am not aware of any actions they undertook...

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@CNP wrote:

Problem solved!!!!!!!!!

Mods are awesome!!!!!!!!

Great! Curious if the mods gave any indication of what they had to do to resolve?

CNP

Problem solved!!!!!!!!!

Mods are awesome!!!!!!!!

Nootka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CNP wrote:

Do you have an iphone?  What was the issue and how did you solve it.  I am still unable to use my phone with the new number

I only have an android

CNP

Do you have an iphone?  What was the issue and how did you solve it.  I am still unable to use my phone with the new number

Nootka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for service on Friday,

I changed my number today(there was a issue) it was easy,and instant

GR
Mayor / Maire

@CNP click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get to submit ticket and the moderators will get back to you hopefully within a few hours.  If it doesn't get to submit ticket keep asking to talk to a human..   Something must of went wrong on the number change cause when I did it it was instantly done

CNP

huh.  calling my number I get recording:  "6UC1 - the number you have reached is not in service".  Unable to receive or make phone calls.

Strangely enough I can send/receive txt msgs from/to my old number? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@CNP its usually right away!  Restart your phone again and then try making a call and receiving a call 

CNP

My number was changed successfully.  Thanks.  Question though.........how long will it take for the new number to become active?  I powered down and powered up followed by attempting to call the new phone number.  The new number is not active, nor is the old number.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.