cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans between billing cycle

Sue-new
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My $25 plan just renewed but wanted to switch to $30 plan. I tried but was going to get charged $30 but was expecting only the difference ($5).   I don’t want to wait next billing cycle. What are my options.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sue-new wrote:

Thanks!  Will wait as don’t want to pay $55. 

[ETA: if you can wait, see what the mods can do for you. No point in buying an add-on if they're able to switch you to $30 right away for $5. As everyone says, "no guarantee, just a suggestion" 🙂 ]

Subject to the others contradicting me :), be sure to book the change to $30 plan _before_ next renewal date. You can order the change now, to take effect "on next billing date". I think there may be issues (bug) with that but it's the recommended way. Or perhaps they will recommend you do it the day _before_ your next renewal, effective immediately, so you pay double for 1 day of service. I just learned of the bug so I'm flagging this for others to provide better info.

HOWEVER, I do have a couple of suggestions you might find useful for the next month. I assume you're going from $25 for (province-wide calling + international text) to $30 for (Canada-wide calling + international text + 500MB data)? Are you doing it for the included LD, or the data, or both? There are relatively inexpensive add-ons (that never expire) that can get you through this month for <$30. 🙂

There are 2 LD add-ons for $8 (200min of LD Canada-Canada and Canada-US), and for $15 (400min of LD Canada-Canada, Canada-US, and Canada-(15 countries)). That would give you the Canada-wide calling this month. If you have any add-on minutes left when you do switch to $30 plan, they would still work for calling from Canada to US and those other countries (the latter only for the $15 add-on).

There are 2 data add-ons for $10 (200MB) and $30 (1GB) that also never expire while your account is alive. You might want one of those, either 200MB if you don't need much data, or the 1GB if you think you'll need the full 500MB after this month. This month they will be at 4G speed, and when you have the $30 plan the add-ons will be at 3G speed. 

Only you can decide if it's worth paying for an add-on, but even getting both may be better value than paying double (which you already rejected, correctly IMHO).

=aw

Sue-new
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!  Will wait as don’t want to pay $55. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sue-new

Since Public Mobile is prepaid, there are no refunds.  You might be stuck with the $25 plan until next renewal date or can change immediately but need to pay the $30 right away.  

You might want to try to contact moderator.  If moderator is understanding, they might be able to change.  YMMV.  No guarantees.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you want it done immediately, your only option is to pay the full 30. Since it just re read, I would wait. You can go into your self serve account and future date your plan switch so that it comes into effect at your next renewal.

If you really want it immediately, you will have to pay in full and will essentially be paying 55 for the first cycle of your change.

Need Help? Let's chat.