cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email address and transferring numbers

pcheung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently got a sim card for my boyfriend who visited, and now I want to change the email that he put for the account, I've changed the email for the community account, but how can I change it for the actual sim card account? I am also trying to transfer my koodo postpaid account to public mobile prepaid, how do I do that? I have already deactivated my number for the koodo postpaid.

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pcheung 

IF the Koodo post paid number was originally assigned from them when you moved there, there's a chance  Public Mobile may be able to draw up on that number.

If the number originally belonged to another mobile service provider, it is almost impossible to secure it now that the Koodo account has been closed.

Try calling the old number to see if it is in use or still not attached to an account before beginning the process.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@pcheung wrote:

I recently got a sim card for my boyfriend who visited, and now I want to change the email that he put for the account, I've changed the email for the community account, but how can I change it for the actual sim card account? I am also trying to transfer my koodo postpaid account to public mobile prepaid, how do I do that? I have already deactivated my number for the koodo postpaid.

First you have to chat with Simon for changing your boyfriend's PM account, if Simon can’t help, he would let you submit a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Second you have to keep your Koodo account activate before you're try to port you Koodo's phone number to PM, otherwise it won't work. Or you can pick up new phone number when you create a new account with PM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pcheung  - Since Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile, there may be around porting your Koodo number to Public Mobile even though your Koodo number has been deactivated (depending how long and where the number came from).

So, I would suggest you submit a ticket to Public Mobile CSA (links provided by @Handy1 above) and inquire about porting over to Public.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pcheung @To change email you need supports help . But as far as your Koodo account already being closed you won’t be able to transfer that number it needs to be active to port the number

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.