cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing back to my PC number

Emgloyn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I just activated my Public Mobile number in Nova Scotia I have had an Ontario PC Mobile number for 10 years. I was told that I can switch back to my PC number once I activate new Public Mobile number. Can anyone help me do this?

11 REPLIES 11

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your PC ph# has to still be active to port. You need to contact a mod to do the port.  If you port an out of province, people in the same area will be calling long distance to reach you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ETusesPublic wrote:

I'm a new Public customer who was a longtime PC Mobile prepaid customer. I had a PC phone number.

On the original Public online activation form, it asked me to choose a new phone # and to later request a transfer of my old PC #. I didn't want to chance it. So I entered my PC phone #  on the original Public online activation form.  It was readily accepted. Not sure if it will work for everyone but it worked for me. 

And can you receive calls and texts with the PM SIM in the phone? Porting during activation has been the way to do it for a little while now. Not sure why it gave you that message. I'd have to search a little to see if PC Mobile prepaid needed manual intervention too.

But if all incoming works for you then great...you're done.

ETusesPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new Public customer who was a longtime PC Mobile prepaid customer. I had a PC phone number.

On the original Public online activation form, it asked me to choose a new phone # and to later request a transfer of my old PC #. I didn't want to chance it. So I entered my PC phone #  on the original Public online activation form.  It was readily accepted. Not sure if it will work for everyone but it worked for me. 

@gpixel wrote:

I have to say, the new and improved SIMon is a little bit better! 🤏

The "port request" entry has always went straight to the ticket submission process, at least ever since self serve stopped allowing porting requests.

I have to say, the new and improved SIMon is a little bit better! 🤏

edit: @computergeek541 they changed the interface a little bit, and added some suggestions. or am I blind and that was always there lol 

Screenshot_20200725-233636.png

@popping wrote:

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Port Request"
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.

Steps 2 through 4 can be skipped. After typing in "port request", SIMon goes straight to ticket submission.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Emgloyn 

Welcome to PM.  Enjoy your saving.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Port Request"
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Emgloyn  Don't be surprised if some locals mention that calling you is long distance for them. 
Your HST charge will reflect Ontario not NS. 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Emgloyn  Don't be surprised if some locals mention that calling you is long distance for them. 

You'll need to proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and once there, type "port request".

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Follow number 2 since you activated your sim already.

Also if you used a referral code at signup for a $10 signup bonus. The credit will be applied within 72 hours of activating.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.