cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a plan immediately due to unforeseen circumstances

SparkleHeart82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently out of my home province and there has been an unexpected death in the family as my boyfriend's father died of a massive stroke. 😭 I have the $15 plan with add on minutes but find myself using them up. The phone has been my lifeline as I have been checking in on family and my boyfriend as he's having a really difficult time. Is it difficult to switch to an unlimited plan immediately? TIA 

7 REPLIES 7

@SparkleHeart82 

Make sure you clear your browser cache and cookies and then go incognito. Chrome browser works well.

SparkleHeart82

@JK8 thanks 

@SparkleHeart82 

Yes, it would if you choose change plan immediately.

SparkleHeart82

I already have my 100 minutes used up so not really much to be forfeited. Would the new plan take effect immediately?

SparkleHeart82

@sunflowershine @I have yet to receive a text for the holiday bonus, as this would really help me out right now. I will just add more minutes for the time being. And thanks. It's really hard to be so far away, especially as this was very unexpected😪 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SparkleHeart82 Sorry to hear your situation. If you have just used up your current 100 minutes, you don't need to change your plan. You can buy $5 add-on for 500 minutes. You don't need to use them up in one cycle. Unused minutes will be available to use in your account until 0 minute left. 

Besides, PM is giving out a bonus during Christmas. Once you receive a text message from PM, you can type "Yes" to reply. You will have extra 500 minutes and 2 GB of data add to your account. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@SparkleHeart82 wrote:

I am currently out of my home province and there has been an unexpected death in the family as my boyfriend's father died of a massive stroke. 😭 I have the $15 plan with add on minutes but find myself using them up. The phone has been my lifeline as I have been checking in on family and my boyfriend as he's having a really difficult time. Is it difficult to switch to an unlimited plan immediately? TIA 

You can go into self service and change your plan. All plans now (except $15 plan) have unlimited calling and texting in Canada, regardless of province. You can choose the $25 plan which is the next one up if that suits you. If you choose change plan immediately you forfeit whatever is left on your $15 plan and have to pay the full price of your new plan, otherwise you can choose change plan on next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.