cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans

chrismac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I change my plan. Does the new plan get billed right away even after my current plan was just billed?

I am wondering if I should just upgrade at the renewal or if I can do this now and have the new plan and not be billed twice

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cksdid14 wrote:

i can't change my plan

becuz it is expire date

so i did recharge 

but i want to use another plan

@cksdid14  if you just restarted your plan in the last couple days mods are pretty good at modifing them to a different plan (usually it will require you to add more funds if the plan is more costly)  if the plan you wanted is cheaper tahn what you paid i think the mods will change it to the cheapr plan and give you the balance as avaiable funds (not sure about this one)

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you have already paid to restore service I recommend making a future dated change. So when you are selecting change plan make sure you select change at renewal. 

For future reference if you contact the mods they can change your plan even while your account is in suspension. This way you can have the plan you want right away without paying twice.

cksdid14

i can't change my plan

becuz it is expire date

so i did recharge 

but i want to use another plan

frenchonion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for this question and answer. I was wondering the same thing.

srlawren

@Bails once your plan is supsended/inactive, the only thing you can do for yourself through self-serve is to re-activate on the previous plan.  You can always reach out to the moderators to ask them to switch and reactivate you, however.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bails

Now what if your current plan is expired but you don't want to renew that plan. Go to change the plan and the "Change plan now" and "change on next Renewal Date" buttons are visible but once you select any new plan including 'build your plan', the "change plan now" button turns into "top up and reactivate plan" and the "Change on next Renewal Date" button is there but unusable.

chrismac

Thank you,

I actually sent a PM to the Mods right after I have posted this one!

Chris

srlawren

@chrismac when you go to the change plan page, there are two buttons you can choose from.  You can choose to schedule the plan change (future-date it) for your next renewal, which means you carry on with your current plan until then.  This is generally the recommended action.  OR, you can tell it to change right away.  However, doing so cancels your current cycle, without any sort of reimbursement or pro-rating of unused days or data in that cycle.  

As @jp2 noted, there is an alternate option not availabe to do yourself in your self-serve account, which is to reach out the moderators to request the plan change.  They can generally assist with this in a much more pleasing way than the immediate plan change through the self-serve system.

If you should choose to do so, here are the details for reaching out to them:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you renew now you will be charged twice. I always recommend selecting to change at renewal to avoid the double charge. 

If you just renewed the mods maybe able to help you change the plan without double charge but you cannot do it with your self serve 

Need Help? Let's chat.