cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans mid way?

publicmobile91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan has a next renewal date of July 24th, but I kind of want to upgrade from the $15 plan to the $35 plan sooner than that day. Does changing onto the $35 plan now wasting the money spent for the $15 plan?  (is it even possible to change onto the $35 plan now, I only see an option for "Change on next renewal date" in the "change plan" page.

7 REPLIES 7

@publicmobile91 wrote:

I have a follow up question to this. Let's say I do decide to switch to the $35 asap, like right now. Would my rewards points (-2$ loyalty and -2$  autopay) be applied such that I really only need to pay $31 plus tax? Or no, because I already claim the benefits of the rewards point on the $15 plan so recently?

Rewards don't gert applied when a customer makes an immediate plan change.

publicmobile91

I have a follow up question to this. Let's say I do decide to switch to the $35 asap, like right now. Would my rewards points (-2$ loyalty and -2$  autopay) be applied such that I really only need to pay $31 plus tax? Or no, because I already claim the benefits of the rewards point on the $15 plan so recently?

@publicmobile91 wrote:

Oh I see. I don't have that button to change the plan right now, because I need to top up first before that button is available. Currently, I only see "Top up your account" and "Change on next renewal date". I also see a warning message "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change."

HI @publicmobile91   I thought Change plan now button is always there.

Or do you not have Autopay setup?  I think that could be the reason.    But make the top up first and try again

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobile91 if you want to Change Now (to a higher plan) you will need to add funds to your Available Funds balance first to what would be owing on the new plan.

Note, since you would be changing plans before your 30 days is up you would not be eligible for rewards to be applied to your renewal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@publicmobile91   yes, you can.

You will be giving the choice Change plan now and change in the new renewal date

E-MyAcct-ChangePlanNow-NextCycle

In your case, you want to change plan now.  

But keep in mind, remaining days will be forfeited and no partial refund.  So, technically, you are wasting some money.  But if you need the extra data and minute , then go ahead

publicmobile91

Oh I see. I don't have that button to change the plan right now, because I need to top up first before that button is available. Currently, I only see "Top up your account" and "Change on next renewal date". I also see a warning message "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change."

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@publicmobile91 hi yes you would loose what you paid for the 15 dollar plan if you want to change plan now the button is right next to the change at next bill date

Need Help? Let's chat.