cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans automatically changes your reward system from the old to the new - Point system

luv_era
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Everyone,

I am one of the lucky ones being offered the $40 for 15GB plan. It is a very attractive plan but the only unsurety making me hesitate to activate this plan at my next renewal date is the fact that it automatically changes the reward system from the old system to the new system of Points. 

I really do not understand this Points system - does it give me the same benefit the old system did? 

Old reward I earned $8 monthly - $2 for automatic transfer, $1 for referral and $5 for loyalty. This gave me a discount of $8 on my monthly bill.

Based on the above, what will the total discount I would receive with the new point system? 

Also will this discount be till I continue this plan or is it short-lived, as in does it have an expiry date.

It would be really helpful if someone would be able to give me some clarity on this topic.

I would like to Thank You All for your assistance.

Warmly,

luv_era

12 REPLIES 12

TuEsUnAnanas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's March 2024. Is this still the same? I want to switch plans and I get $11 off a month. I don't want to lose that by moving to new points system.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Lol...fixed...thx!

uh oh @darlicious , now you are going to get ppl asking you why its $49 now and why can't they get the $40 lol

luv_era

Thankyou! for the clarification and the official clarification as well.

Appreciate it!!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@luv_era 

Yes @J_PM has confirmed that despite the wording on the $40/15gb plan anyone on the old $$ rewards program will not be switched to the new points program. There have been several customers who have confirmed this by having already changed or renewed on the new $40/15gb plan.

@J_PM 

Could you please ensure all employees get the memo? This continual misinformation from CSA's regarding promotional terms needs to stop. This is their job. They should know the correct information to inform customers....not make it up as they go along. A customer should not have to waste 4 days of their time arguing back in forth with different agents over the terms of a promotion and threaten a CCTS complaint in order to get a supervisor to intervene to resolve the issue by confirming the customer is indeed correct. In the real world " You would fire them." to quote Chris Webby.....

A business is only as good as their customer service and public mobile's customer service has been failing lately.....and that's not good when we all know of pm's normal failings, glitches and bugs.

Edit: typo

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luv_era 

CS Agent is wrong.

Read my post.  After scheduled plan change, PM server continue to apply old rewards to my account on my next renewal date.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lorena is misinforming you which is unfortunate, but it is not automatic nor mandatory to switch plans on a change. hopefully the CSAs get on the same page. I know that they prob want as many ppl as possible on the new plan so maybe she is trying to nudge you in that direction.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luv_era 

I switched one of my account to the $40 15GB 4G speed plan yesterday.  When I  went to my payment page, my rewards are applied to my account before withdrawing fund to pay the new $40 15GB plan.

Switching to the $40 15GB plan will not change rewards system because the rewards system is attached to your account (Not your plan).  BTW, only the account owner can change the rewards system 

luv_era

When I spoke to the agent this is what she told me:

luv_era_0-1667166056632.png

So that tells me that activating the new plan automatically enrolls you to the new points system.

If the agent shared wrong information with me, do we have an official clarification from PM regarding this?

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes it will not change your rewards .you must change it yourself

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@luv_era 

Changing your phone plan will not change you to the new points system. Only way to change to the points system is to log into your rewards account and make a conscious effort to do so. Do not switch to the point system. Stay on the old rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.