cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan from 3G to 5G but phone still says LTE+

bookie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Samsun A52 phone which I have found on a google search that it is 5G ready.

I have just changed plans from a 3G to a 5G but my phone still says LTE+ at the top.  I checked and I live in a 5G zone.  

I have checked my settings and I think they are all correct.  When I go to Network mode it says LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) There is no line for 4G or 5G

I have rebooted, removed the sim and set the sim again.  What am i missing?

9 REPLIES 9

@bookie , this speed would seem a little slow for LTE speed.  Since your recorded speed is well above the 3 Mbps speed cap for 3G speed plans, you have definitely been put on the higher speed tier plan.  Recognize the speed test performance is affected by local network traffic and hardware capability.  As an example, when I do speed tests on my pixel 4a 5G with a 5G connection, the best I can achieve is about 170 Mbps.  The result is hardware limited.  On my pixel 7, I can achieve the 250 Mbps speed cap.  I would say if your normal usage doesn't seem slow then the data speed is good enough.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There are multiple models of A52, some with 5G and one without. If you have the 5G version then it's possible the issue is simply Public Mobile not supporting 5G for your model. PM has a whitelist of phones and software and devices that are not on it may be blocked from using certain features even if the device is technically capable, especially when the device is older or software is outdated.

bookie

@Phil_Adelphus It updated on July 10th and my plan changed on July 12th.  I have it set to auto update.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@bookie  Have you updated the phone to the latest operating system?  A couple of other people got theirs to do 5G on that phone recently with a phone update.  BTW 4G is the same as LTE essentially.

bookie

@ebo 

thank you I have reached out to them.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bookie 

please contact support, they may be able to figure it out , please use the chatbot link below and enter the words... Customer Service.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

bookie

I just did a speed test and it says 10.1 download.  I think that's mbps

I don't think that is very good.🙄

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A52 may not display 5G, but you are still benefiting from 5G plan, as all plans are connecteed to the same network, 3G,4G, 5G as speed limited just try speed test

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@bookie  unfortunately, most Samsung phones even though 5G capable,  will not work at Public Mobile 😕. They do not have the infrastructure.  You would have to go to Telus or other carriers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.