cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed over sim internet not transferred

Jods25ann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Spoiler

I got a new sim recently (existing public mobile customer, old sim stolen) everything was transferred over apart from data, my partner has public mobile and we checked his cellular data setting were the same as mine, his connects and mine doesn’t. 

edit: phone didn’t get stolen we were travelling in Paris and sim got stolen from travel wallet. Phone: iPhone 7 plus

edit: tried my sim in partners phone, it works, tried his sim in mine, doesn’t work. Have all same setting as his in “Cellular”, enabled LTE.

reset network settings, still doesn’t work.

sounds like an issue with phone, although have tried everything but factory reset.  

9 REPLIES 9

Jods25ann

Ok tried everything did a lot of internet research, the only think that worked was factory resetting my phone, it’s all good now ☺️

[ Why is it lways the last thing we try? ....... Luddite]

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you use a France/Europe sim with your phone? Maybe try going to Settings > Profile and delete any old carrier profile(s) found there.

Jods25ann

Same phone as before, just new sim. We were travelling in Paris so sim wasn’t in phone. 

iphone 7 plus 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jods25ann wrote:
Spoiler

I got a new sim recently (existing public mobile customer, old sim stolen) everything was transferred over apart from data, my partner has public mobile and we checked his cellular data setting were the same as mine, his connects and mine doesn’t. 

@Jods25ann As your SIm was stolen suggest:

• immediately login to your self serve account and change your password, just to be on the safe side
  • while in your account look under Data & add-ons for a data block; none there means you, or the thief, have used it all

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Jods25ann this sounds like your new phones APN settings are incorrect. Try enabling data and sending an mms message and surfing the internet. If it fails. In general 20200506_104406.jpg

@Jods25ann 

If possible, also try your friend's sim card in your phone.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Jods25ann 

try inserting your SIM into their phone. This will determine if the SIM has not finished activating or if it is the settings in your phone?

Make sure the network you ate on is public mobile as well. Go into network settings choose network and choose public mobile or set it to automatic and restart your phone. 

Have a great evening!

@Jods25ann  could you please provide us with the make, model and submodel of your phone?  Thanks.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Jods25ann hi are you saying you have a used/new to you  phone with a new sim? what type of phone is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.