cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Sim Card

Tommy13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I changed over my SIM card to public mobile on Saturday and was unable to respond to the porting over SMS message within 90 minutes. I've reached out to my previous provider, and they said they would push through the request if another SMS message was sent. Please advise when this is completed, thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tommy13 - we are all customers like you here on the forum.

If you did not respond to the text to come over to Public Mobile you need to have Public Mobile restart the process (not your old provider).

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

@Tommy13 

You will need to contact customer service agent.  However, for porting issues, I can private message you the Telus porting team phone number.  This number is used for porting problems only.  Check your private message inbox. (envelope on upper right corner of website).  

Tommy13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, I can send out text messages and calls. But unable to receive anything. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tommy13 

What happens when you put the PM SIM card in your phone?  

You should still be able to dial out or text out.  However, you probably can't receive calls or texts.  

Just want to make sure your PM account is initially set up properly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.