cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Providers

Clarkes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way to get a refund, when I’ve changed plans literally today? The Public Mobile site was down yesterday, so I couldn’t cancel it in time, and now I was hoping to get my money back, cause I’m no longer using public mobile!

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Clarkes did you change provider or change plan??  Not able to login is normal if you changed provider. all carriers do it this way as your account will be closed as part of the porting.  Since account is closed, you would not be able to login.   You should have arranged porting earlier to avoid situation like this 

With PM, they won't be able to refund as this is a propaid service.  But talk to Telus, they might be able to compensate a bit 

Clarkes

Thank you for all your advice. I’m currently trying, but public mobile immediately kicked me off, so the month I payed for can’t even be used. I’m getting so frustrated, because now my Telus provider doesn’t have a bill ready for me to pay and start making calls, so I’m screwed for a couple days till that gets running. Honestly, glad I switched now

@Clarkes   you moved to Telus? then life could be eaiser.  Talk to  Telus agent, explain the situation, they might be able to provide you a one time credit on Telus side.  It is easier for these things to be done on a postpaid provider

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Clarkes 

Can you ask them if they can credit your Telus account? If not talk to a Telus rep and maybe they can apply some type of credit to your account, but the terms at PM are there are no refunds since everything is prepaid.

Clarkes

I went to Telus, they did tell me that bad use my account is technically closed they are not able to get in, but I’m hoping that there’s something people can do 🥲

Hollister

@Clarkes 

Did you port your number out from Public Mobile to your new provider? If you ported out to Bell or Rogers your account would have had to be active to port out so you would not get a refund. 

Clarkes

Well so far they’ve said “no”, but I need my money back. Do you think if I called the bank they’d be able to cancel it?

Hollister

@Clarkes 

Using option 2 is the easiest. Check for replies above using the mail icon in top right.

Clarkes

Thank you, I’m currently trying 😅

Hollister

@Clarkes 

You will have to plead your case to an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.