cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sim card and phone number

Ama88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Changed sim card and phone number. Now I am getting a message saying: Not registered on network. I currently have no network service. I tried rebooting the phone, removing the new sim card, but nothing worked so far.

9 REPLIES 9

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 

Have you been sorted out?

Ama88

They replied the service should be fix 3 hours ago, I am still waiting. Now another CS agent follow up an hour ago. That a total of 20 hours....still no service.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 

Power off your device and remove the Sim card. Check the Sim card and the Sim card slot for any dirt, debris or damage. If possible test the Sim card in another device. Check that the sim card fits snugly in the Sim card slot. ( Is the Sim card the right way up?) If you have a dual sim phone try it in the other Sim slot. Power up your device. If no network is detected toggle airplane mode on/off. Are you still getting the network error message? What is the exact wording of the error message ?

Ama88

Still waiting for support. It seems very trait forward. There should be more options where we are able to troubleshoot these issues ourselves instead of waiting for technical support. It seems even though the website updated the sim card number and phone number, it is not detected on the mobile device. Perhaps there needs to be a reset of sim card or maybe there are having server issues.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 

Looks like customer support sorted you out? Did they need to provision your Sim card to your account and new phone # ? Too much too soon?

Ama88

Thanks tried that, still not working.

HI @Ama88 

Try reboot the phone first, then Reset All Networks

If still no network connections, submit ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ama88

I am an existing customer. I changed both sim card and phone number, and now i have no network connection.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 

Did you just activate and port in your number?

If so did you activate with an e-sim or a Sim card?

Or are you an existing customer who swapped Sim cards in your account and changed your phone number ? If so did you swap Sims or change your phone # first?

Make and model of phone ?

Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it on your old Sim card? (If you answered yes to my first question?)

Need Help? Let's chat.