cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan

IL1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm travelling in Mexico and cannot use my public mobile plan. I want to reduce my plan to only keep my phone number.  When signing in the only plans I see are the expensive ones. Please help me reduce my monthly plan just to save my phone number! 

Thanks, Loraine 

10 REPLIES 10

IL1

Thank you, I did that!! Grateful for All my replies!! IL1

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@IL1 wrote:

How do I cancel my plan? I can't use it in mexico. I'm paying for nothing. I want to cancel my plan!

Remove autopay.

After 90 days of no pay your account will be deleted. If you want to be PM customer again you would need new SIM card as old will become useless.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IL1   By either removing your payment card or disabling autopay will stop your payments but will give you 90 days grace period from suspension should you change your mind about keeping the account and number.  Porting out to another carrier will also close your account unless you're just wanting to temporarily to stop payments which is possible as advised already.

@IL1 wrote:

How do I cancel my plan? I can't use it in mexico. I'm paying for nothing. I want to cancel my plan!

@IL1 as advised above, the way to cancel your plan is to first disable your Pre-authorized payment, then the plan won't renew on the next renewal date.  90 more days it will be cancelled

PM is a prepaid provider, so you don't close your account like Post-paid service.  You just need to make sure PM not charge you anymore

IL1

Just stop paying. Turn off pre-authorized payments. If you have insufficient balance then the account will suspend. Then 90 days later it will fully deactivate. But maybe somebody here would like to take over the account if it's on the old rewards system.

@IL1 wrote:

How do I cancel my plan?? I can't use it in Mexico!!! I don't care if I lose my number..

@IL1   do what i suggested earlier.  Go to My Account, disable Pre-Authorized payment

your account will then suspended on your coming renewal date.  90 more days, your account will be closed permanently 

IL1

How do I cancel my plan?? I can't use it in Mexico!!! I don't care if I lose my number..

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IL1   Under the 3G tab the least expensive plan is $15 but if your trip is less than 90 days, then simply disable autopay and that will stop the next payment from going through and then you have 90 days to come back and manually top up the account to keep the number and account from being deactivated.   It's best to top up around day 86 to give yourself time to deal with any payment issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@IL1  how long you are going to Mexico?

if not too long, you can disable Autopay and then enable it back AND make a manual payment to resume service.  But this trick should be used if  you are going to Mexico for less than 3 months

You can login to My Account, go to Payment page and then disable pre-authorized payments

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

Need Help? Let's chat.