cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan on renewal date

rss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had asked the system to change my plan automatically today on renewal date. It shows it will change today but has not happened yet. When will the plan change?

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rss 

There are some conflicting dates in the self serve account regarding renewal. Did you renewal already occur (August 6th) or is it about to occur overnight with a new cycle starting August 7th? Go by your payment history....while renewing on the same plan will see your data counter and/or minute counter reset at midnight eastern that is not the same for a scheduled change plan on next renewal. It will not change until payment is taken and posted to your transaction/payment history. The earliest that will occur is 3am eastern but commonly you can expect it closer to 6am eastern or can be as late as noon eastern.

@rss wrote:

It says plan is scheduled to change on August 6 2022. It has not changed yet .Scheduled to change 3am EST

Plan renewal and plan changes do not occur at any set time on a consistent basis.  The time of the change (and any future renewal) could occur at 3am or it could happen at 12pm with each renewal finalizing at a different time.

rss

It says plan is scheduled to change on August 6 2022. It has not changed yet .Scheduled to change 3am EST

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rss 

I'm a little confused. If today is the first day of your new 30 day cycle and your payment history shows your plan payment as 30 DAY PLAN/$10 and 2+GB AT 4G SPEED/$31.25+ then your account and plan and add ons page should show the details of your new plan. You data counter should show 4G speed data and the correct data amount of the new plan.

Only the data speed needs 48 hours to unthrottled from 3mbps to up to 100mbps. If your old plan details show in your account it either did not change or you scheduled the change plan on next renewal too late (after midnight eastern on day 30/day 1 of new 30 day cycle). Check and see if you are scheduled to change plans 30 days from now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rss wrote:

I had asked the system to change my plan automatically today on renewal date. It shows it will change today but has not happened yet. When will the plan change?

So your payment is taken out today, and your 1st day of you next cycle starts tomorrow, it sounds @rss .

Yes, I would hold off to check everything tomorrow.

rss

Hi 611 says my plan will renew 6 am EST. I hope the new 4g plan will be in effect then. Thanks.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rss wrote:

Hi yes the change was from 3g to 4g on plan renewal date which is today but has not changed over yet. Do i have to wait till tomorrow to see the change.

Changing from 3G to 4G takes 48 hours to take effect @rss .

But, I feel it should show on your My Account by the end of today. Could be just a refresh issue, or a delay to show on your renewal day. Did you call 611 to check your data balance? That is, if you changed to a different data amount plan. Does it tell you the new amount?

rss

Hi yes the change was from 3g to 4g on plan renewal date which is today but has not changed over yet. Do i have to wait till tomorrow to see the change.

rss

Hi, tried your solution and it still has not changed to new plan.

rss

Hi i tried a different browser but it still has not changed over to new plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

When you call 611 @rss and check your data balances, does it tell you your new plan amounts?

If you mean you changed from a 3G plan to a 4G plan then that has been said it takes 48 hours to complete this change.

rss

Yes it was for today.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rss Hi try clearing your cache and cookies or try a different browser in ingognito mode reboot your device and see if that clears your self serve page

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If you choose to change on your next renewal date, then this is when it should be scheduled to change @rss 

So your plan renewal was today?

If so maybe give it a little more time to reflect the change. Check again later today, and when you do clear your browser's cache and try opening a tab in incognito mode to log into My Account.

Did you get charged the proper amount that you expected on the new plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.