cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change order of data use

SalsaCycle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's my understanding that Add-On data only gets used after plan data is used up. Can this order be changed?

I'm about one week into a billing cycle and have about 7 days left on some Add-On data purchased in the middle of the previous cycle. I'd like to use up this Add-On data before it expires.

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SalsaCycle 

regular plan data gets used first. When it limits out, then your data add-on goes to work. If your plan renews before using all add-on data...then regular plan data takes over again. Good possibility of remaining add-on data will expire before it gets used again as it has a 30 day expiry.  If you find you use up all regular plan data, consider upgrading to a plan with more data....way better value than add-on.

@SalsaCycle wrote:

It's my understanding that Add-On data only gets used after plan data is used up. Can this order be changed?

I'm about one week into a billing cycle and have about 7 days left on some Add-On data purchased in the middle of the previous cycle. I'd like to use up this Add-On data before it expires.

This is a matter of how the system is programmed.  Customer support agents have no access to changing that type of thing as it's a different department that handles the back end systems.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Tough question... I believe you have to use your allocated data first and then it will continue using add-on.

Lets see what other have to say.

Need Help? Let's chat.