cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number

Mariu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have relocated to another province and I wanted to change my number, I have the following questions:

1. How long does it take to get the number activated?

2. Will the tax be calculated according to the new area code

3. Will the provincial calls be according to the new area code 

If anyone had this experience, I would appreciate sharing your experience 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

@Mariu , if you select a new number from the change number option, the change takes effect immediately.  Just reboot the phone and the new number will be functional.  The taxes are calculated based on the area code and its association to a particular province.  The provincial calling plans will be based on the area code for the phone number.  It has been forever since Public Mobile has offered province wide calling plans, so it is quite easy to get a Canada wide calling plan to address any limitations.  One thing to perhaps consider is sticking with the current number.  Pretty much everyone except those with legacy land lines will have access to Canada wide calling.  The area code is virtually meaningless.  

@Mariu 

1. you can change number any time and change done basically instantly with a reboot

2. tax also based on area code of the phone number

3. yes, "provincial calls be according to the new area code ", but most our plans are now Canada-wide calling.  You only need to worry about people who call you might need to pay Long distance if you picked a "wrong" one

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mariu 

Change a number is easy and it can be done though the app or the website and it gets affected within an hour, sometimes in 5 minutes.

tax is  calculated based on the area code , so it will be based on the new area code

most of the plan has unlimited Canada  minutes, if you are on one of the very old provincial plans,  it should work according to the new area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.