cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell coverage

Mark59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have very poor cell coverage at our summer home at S.V. of Island Lake, Alberta. You have to walk out onto the road to get a connection. Seems to be an issue with many of the residents there. Can something be done?

13 REPLIES 13

Mark59

Thanks for all the advice folks! I will switch to roaming and tech support refreshed my sim data. Fingers c

@Mark59 

No charge for roaming if you are in Canada. It searches for the strongest signals from Telus or Bell cell towers where you are located.

You will need to purchase USA roaming for the phone to work in the USA…so no worries. Your phone will not work if you don’t purchase US Roaming.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The nice thing about PM is that it's a prepaid service meaning you will not get charged extra so no need to worry about roaming charges

HI @Mark59 

if it shows EXT,  you can try connect with Roaming enabled and it is free

and PM is prepaid, you have to buy before you use.  If you can use it, it means it is included

Mark59

Yeah...

Mark59

I'm set to LTE, 4G, 3G

Mark59

I've seen that. Yes, I believe you are correct, just hoping there's a fix.

Mark59

Aren't there extra charges for roaming?

@Mark59 

If coverage shows that it is OK then make sure the Roaming setting is enabled.

@Mark59 , this is the cell map for Island lake.  This will give you an idea how far away you are from the local towers.  Even though a carrier might say an area is covered, coverage holes are possible when tower density is low.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=54.123822&lng=-113.546448&zoom=8&type=Road...

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

people on Telus and Bell both have the same problem?? 

try manually choose 5G and 4G or 3G?? check each one and maybe one is better 

Mark59

Yes but when I enter the location on the coverage map it shows full coverage

There's not much that can be done with poor coverage in rural areas.  

Need Help? Let's chat.