cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell activation notice

ronbrucescott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New cell phone user here.  Waiting for 3 to 5 days to have my landline number ported over (didn't realize I should have taken a temporary phone number).   How will I know when my cell phone works?  I keep trying it but nothing.  Will I get an email when its activated finally?  Thanks for the help.  

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ronbrucescott 

Your pm outgoing services should already be working immediately after activation. Including your mobile data and even some incoming texts could come thru. Only incoming calling is the last to complete indicating hour port is complete. Otherwise once your landline stops working and it's account is closed your port is complete.

If you do not have any services working with the pm sim card in your phone and you have rebooted the phone then your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. You will need to contact customer support to provision your sim card to your account. Put "sim cardnot provisioned upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message explaining your issue.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ronbrucescott   it is normal to wait 3 to 5 days for porting form landline

No worry, there is a number you can call to get the porting status.  I will private message you .  Please check the Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @ronbrucescott 

the process can take 3 to 7 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

Transfer (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.