cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash in free $34 + 10GB no catch?

George_Spelvin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $34 Can 50gb unlimited, if I switch to the promo same plan $34 to get the 10GB free, do I keep my half dozen referrals or do I have to start collecting referrals again?

7 REPLIES 7

@eddieO  Yes it very strange what’s more is if a new subscriber chooses the 4G variant of the 50GB + 10GB for $35 will they have option in their account to switch to the 5G 50GB + 10GB for $34 as it would then be a downgrade . Very sneaky public mobile 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Handy1, wow you're right. Just went into my account and would you believe I'm seeing both, the $34 50GB + 10GB at 5G speed with unlimited data at reduced speed AND I'm also seeing a $35 50GB + 10GB at 4G speed with data cap. Hope people are being careful to pick the right one

I agree with you on website it shows more expensive plan with slower speed but in my account I saw the same plan as OP and making the same change 

Handy1_0-1725536403658.png

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@George_Spelvin in your case you have nothing to lose and 10GB to gain all for the same price and speed so it's a no brainer. As an FYI, and I realize this will not be an issue for you, but PM is constantly changing their plans and speeds so just even right now if I look at the PM website under available plans in Ontario @computergeek541 is right, it's showing the 50GB + 10GB as $35 and at 4G speed and data capped after you hit 60GB of usage, as seen below. If in the future you decide to change your plan it's very unlikely that you will be able to get your old plan back, also make sure you select "Change on renewal" instead of "Change now", as change now will bill you credit card right away and put you on the new plan right away which will forfeit any unused days from the previous month you paid for and PM will not give you a refund for that.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 7.22.52 AM.png

George_Spelvin

Anywho, nice bonus, for free. Although, I have a heck of a time just using 10Gb in the first place, thanks for the reply. Yes I wager the points I accumulated will continue.

George_Spelvin

tc The only difference is the bonus 10GBThe only difference is the bonus 10GB

@George_Spelvin wrote:

I have the $34 Can 50gb unlimited, if I switch to the promo same plan $34 to get the 10GB free, do I keep my half dozen referrals or do I have to start collecting referrals again?  

The plan that you're asking about is priced $1 higher at $35.  Also, the $35 plan's data is at a slower speed of 100Mbps and isn't unlimited after using up all of the advertised 60GB.  You're referrals will remain the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.