cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send pictures

TheaMc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iphone with pm service and I can't send pictures via text? Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14

HI @TheaMc 

did you try what I suggested earlier?

the proper settings of iPhone users to be able to send iMessage to iOS user and text to Android users is to enable iMessage, enable Send as SMS and MMS.  the Send and receive must display both the Apple ID phone number and email address.

or maybe can you post screenshot?

What you are experiencing likely is only a iPhone/iMessage setting problem, and not a problem related with PM.  What you can do is to visit Apple store for in person help to tweak the correct settings

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire
  1. Go to Settings > Messages.
  2. Toggle on iMessage if it’s not already on.
  3. Be sure also, that your recipient enables iMessage on their device.
  4.  If iMessage is enabled but you still can’t send picture messages, try to turn off iMessage, restart your device, and enable iMessage again.

Also, make sure your iPhone is up to date with it's firmware.

Another long shot is to go into your network settings and reset them and then restart the phone. 

AND...  do you have access to another phone? iPhone or Android? If so, try the SIM card in there and try sending pictures and see if you have the same problem.

TheaMc

So After trying to figure this out I am not able to send or recive pics threw text

TheaMc

Di I need to reboot after I turn on send as sms?

TheaMc

going to throw the phone this sucks 

HI @TheaMc 

mobile data on? or you have Wifi turned on?

and are you sending iMessage to iPhone user or MMS to Android user?  What colour of the message? Green or Blue?

For the picture text you cannot send, can you click and hold the message to have the menu to come up, do you see a choice of Send as MMS?

TheaMc

not yet still at it 

TheaMc

I can send texts np but pictures always go undelivered any other ideas

TheaMc

nope can't send pictures via text anymore I use to last month

TheaMc

doesn't seem to be working, Trying again 

hi @TheaMc 

so, it works? or not? 

TheaMc

Trying that this is the second time It took a minute to find the different providers to pic PM 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TheaMc 

sending pictures via text is MMS

It is just a settings issue, check it

the proper settings of iPhone users to be able to send iMessage to iOS user and text to Android users is to enable iMessage, enable Send as SMS and MMS.  the Send and receive must display both the Apple ID phone number and email address.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@TheaMc wrote:

I have an iphone with pm service and I can't send pictures via text? Any ideas?

Hey @TheaMc 

My Co-worker had this issue. This is what I did. I told him to go into his network settings, turn off automatic and pick Public Mobile. Then asked him to reboot. He was then able to send pics to his wife. She however was not happy about that. LOL

And of course, make sure your Cellular Data is turned on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.