cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive call or text message after activate the SIM card

YokiSS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently activated my Public Mobile SIM card, successfully transferred my old number to Public Mobile, and confirmed the transfer by replying "Yes" to the message from my previous provider. However, I am encountering a significant issue with my phone service.

After completing the activation process, my phone can make outgoing calls but is unable to receive calls or text messages. When attempting to call my number from a friend's phone, a message states, "The customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment." Additionally, attempts to send texts to my old number result in an error message.

In the phone settings, with the Public Mobile SIM card inserted, my old number is displayed, and it indicates that the phone is connected to the Public Mobile network.

Furthermore, when trying to use the Public Mobile app after switching the SIM card and transferring my old number, I am prompted to enter a six-digit code sent to my old number for full access to the account. Unfortunately, my phone is currently unable to receive any messages or calls, making it impossible to complete this step.

I appreciate any assistance that can resolve this issue promptly so I can use the phone. 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

@YokiSS wrote:

I called that number and typed in my phone number, and it responded that "transfer of the number does not exist", and it repeatedly asked me to enter the phone number. It does not solve the problem. 

@YokiSS , there was no option to talk to someone for help? I have never called it due to never needed to but many have gotten help that way!

If not please send a message to CS_Agent for help.

Edit: I just called that phone # to see if I could get someone & all I did was push 1 for english, I stayed quiet & pushed nothing when it asked for my phone number then it asked a couple more times, I did nothing then it sent me to someone to talk to for help. Please do this.

I didn’t need their help but I wanted to know what you experienced when you called to see if there was a way around it to get help from Customer Support!

YokiSS

I called that number and typed in my phone number, and it responded that "transfer of the number does not exist", and it repeatedly asked me to enter the phone number. It does not solve the problem. 

@YokiSS wrote:

Hello LitlLdy, 

I activated my Public Mobile SIM card almost 24 hours ago and confirmed the transfer from my old carrier approximately 12 hours ago. Despite rebooting my phone, I am still unable to receive phone calls and text messages with the Public Mobile SIM card inserted.

Could you please provide me with the contact number for porting assistance?

@YokiSS , I sent it to you. Please understand that they can only help with porting issues & nothing else.

You can also send a private message to CS_Agent for help.

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   Message CS_Agent

Customer Support Agents are available from: Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Edit: Please update here on how it went.

YokiSS

Hello LitlLdy, 

I activated my Public Mobile SIM card almost 24 hours ago and confirmed the transfer from my old carrier approximately 12 hours ago. Despite rebooting my phone, I am still unable to receive phone calls and text messages with the Public Mobile SIM card inserted.

Could you please provide me with the contact number for porting assistance?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@YokiSS , have you rebooted your phone or reset your network settings & reboot?

If that doesn’t work you may have a stuck port & I can send you the number to call for help with porting assistance to your Community mailbox (envelope icon 📩) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

As it's currently unknown how long the porting request would be active, it would currently be premature to recommend contacting the porting department.

Ok, thank you. I wondered about that. My ports have always been instant so I’ve been very lucky. Even though I have heard some can take longer!

I see many Customers on here send others the number to call for porting assistance all the time before anyone can even think whether or not it is actually a stuck port, I wasn’t sure what I should do!

@LitlLdy wrote:

If that doesn’t work you may have a stuck port & I can send you the number to call for help with porting assistance to your Community mailbox (envelope icon 📩) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

As it's currently unknown how long the porting request would be active, it would currently be premature to recommend contacting the porting department.

@YokiSS wrote:

I recently activated my Public Mobile SIM card, successfully transferred my old number to Public Mobile, and confirmed the transfer by replying "Yes" to the message from my previous provider. However, I am encountering a significant issue with my phone service.

After completing the activation process, my phone can make outgoing calls but is unable to receive calls or text messages. When attempting to call my number from a friend's phone, a message states, "The customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment." Additionally, attempts to send texts to my old number result in an error message.

In the phone settings, with the Public Mobile SIM card inserted, my old number is displayed, and it indicates that the phone is connected to the Public Mobile network.

Furthermore, when trying to use the Public Mobile app after switching the SIM card and transferring my old number, I am prompted to enter a six-digit code sent to my old number for full access to the account. Unfortunately, my phone is currently unable to receive any messages or calls, making it impossible to complete this step

The text message sent to your phone nubmer by Public Mobile will only be received if your Public Mobile is in the phone. I'm unware if your old carrier's SIM card or if your Public Mobile SIM card is currently in the phone, but for the incoming phone calls,  the message about the caller be unavailable is a sign that number porting has not completed yet (it's not instant after replying with the "yes").  Please wait a few hours for that to complete, but if you re-insert your old carrier's SIM card, calls to your number should still be going there. The caller unavailable message would be heard by your caller if the call is still going to your old carrier but you didn't have vociemail active there (and isn't in your phone at th moment.  For the text message sent by Public Mobile with a 2FA code to get into your Public Mobile Self Serve account, there is an option to say that you didn't get the code (it actually says that on the Public Mobile website/app), and you can then choose to have that 2FA code sent by e-mail.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.