cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get incoming calls need help asap please

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched over from wind .yesterday at 4pm over 12 hours. I had switches my wind number over to public mobile . not receiving incoming calls, text and internet is working. Please help as soon possible.
My email or number if want is mxxxxxxxxx9@ gmail.com. thanks

31 REPLIES 31

@alexsv wrote:

hi, just transfered number from rogers to public mobile, cant  get any incoming calls, outgoing call ok.

please help to solve this issue.

thanks.

When you request to transfer a phone number, the situation that you have descrived ia exactly what is supposed to happen.  When you say "just transfered" I'm assuming that it had been only a short period of time since you made the request and the time you posted your message. The transfer has not yet been done unti Rogers releases the phone nunber to Public Mobile.  After that, incoming calls should start working, and your Rogers service will stop working. Until that time, you can still receive your calls on the Rogers service

According to CWTA wireless to wireless phone number transfers are aimed to be completed within  a 2.5 hour time window.  Since it's been about 3 hours since you typed your message, can you check again?

alexsv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, just transfered number from rogers to public mobile, cant  get any incoming calls, outgoing call ok.

please help to solve this issue.

thanks.

They solved it the day after I wrote that. Given they are swamped, it is refreshing to see such swift action!

Oh I emailed, PM’d and wrote a post. No shortage of something to say on my part but that is all behind me as service is up and running - fantastically, I might add.

Danoishan

@104655

I had issues with no service for just about 3 days but the issue got attended to 2 days ago and I know have PM service up and running well on my phone.
Moderators are backlogged up to 3 to 4 days and are attending everyone’s concerns on a first-come basis. However, I am sure that by tomorrow morning they will much faster respond timing as the backlog has drastically decreased since.
It's good that you emailed the mods but be sure to not forget to email PM as well through the following link: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help. Click Contact Us to access the email form process. Be sure to be as descriptive with your issue as you can and they will get back to you within 48 hours, but usually a lot sooner.
Once again, the longer than usual wait time was due to backlog caused by the FM promo that lured in a more than usual number of sim activations for PM.

When I did that I got service by the next day evening and had no issues since

I am very frustrated- stuck port since June 30 with no incoming calls (routing to Freedom) and the porting team shows the number is with Rogers (it was ported to Freedom successfully). Two mods attempted to fix it last Mon and Tues with a 24-72 hour estimate but that has passed a few days ago.

I'll be leaving Public Mobile Monday around midday if this isn't fixed - sent two PM, an email and now this post in the last day.

Unfortunately I will go back to Rogers who employs technical teams who can be reached by the customers should something need fixing. I can't wait any longer for this debacle to be sorted. 

Mod team - can someone in porting get in touch with me now?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Danoishan that's great, and thank you for the update!  What changed to allow it to start working?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Danoishan
Update: service is up and working fast with a strong connection

Danoishan

It's been unlocked and its a note 4

srlawren

@Danoishan okay sorry if you've mentioned this previously but are you 100% sure your phone is carrier unlocked?  That is, not locked to the Freedom Mobile network?  If you purhcased the phone from Freedom and did not get an unlock code from them or a 3rd party service, the phone will be locked to Freedom's network.  Also, what is the phone's brand and model? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Danoishan
Ported over on July 6, 2017 and private messaged all four moderator and emailed PM the day of and 2 days after, all of which had very extensive details about my phone details, sim card, phone plan and the fact the fact that I have zero service. It's been 4 days and I have yet to receive any response. I've tried the APN details and I've even detached the phone battery and sum card for 5 minutes and put everything back together. But no matter what I do I get the same error message when I try to connect to pm, "Unable to connect". It's very frustrating to have no service for 4 days and counting now and on top of that recieve no response back for either the emails or private messages.

srlawren

@Danoishan is this still an issue?  It can take a few hours when porting (or even several days if you've ported from a landline or a VoIP provider).  If it's been that long, and a reboot doesn't resolve the issue, please send a private message to @CS_Agent with your Public Mobile SIM card number, the phone number you're trying to port in, the full name of the account holder at your previous provider, and your account number from there. They will be able to resubmit the port request for you.  If you're not sure how to private message, please see the second link at the bottom of this reply.

Danoishan
How did you get your problem fixed? I got the same issue

pritikhattar

@westcoastsurf Although I agree with you but now I have been waiting for close to 2 days without incoming calls and outgoint texts. So my patience is running thin nowSmiley Sad

@Shazia_K I hope you look at my case soon enough!

@matrixca7  @pritikhattar

According to MarieHelene's update here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Frustrations-with-PM/m-p/161838/highl... the mods are working tirelessly to get on top of their backlog, replying to private messages on a first come first serve bases. They expect a longer than usual respond times.

FYI sending them multiple private messages about the same problem slows the system down because they have to look at each one of them and then need to figure out whether it's been solved or not.

We understand your frustrations and are thankful for your patience!

pritikhattar

@Simon_O @Shazia_K I am in the same boat too. I can make calls and access internet but not able to receive calls or send text. I have been sending PMs since yesterdat yet to get a reply back

matrixca7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue. Ported my number and since yesterday I cannot make calls and all incoming calls goes to voicemail. Porting a number should take less than an hour. I sent more than 5 private messages to Mods, but none has replied or solved my issue. It's very frustrating and disappointing.

Simon_O
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,

You can delete your post yourself if you would like to, but normally we don't as it can always help other customers out! 😉

Why would you want to delete it? 🙂

Simon

Mike40999
Yes. Its all good. I want delet posting. How to delete it please help.

srlawren

@Mike40999 Moderator coverage today is 9AM - 9PM, eastern time zone (Toronto/Montreal time zone)

Mike40999
Simon is helping me out now.thx.i message if need help. What time public open today ?

Mike40999
Been look at be still not work sad.. still need help. No incoming calls..so sad. Been 3 days now now just to port a simple number ... taking so long....not happy🙁

@Mike40999
Did mod contact you soo far and your issue been looked after
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren

@Mike40999 also:  there's no need to post your question multiple times.

srlawren

@Mike40999 I've merged your duplicate threads and edited your posts to mask part of your email addres.  In accordance with community guidelines, please don't post any personal information to the community, since all threads are publicly accessible.  

Contacting a community moderator (Public Mobile support employee) via private message is the best way to get help for this situation.  Please see the two links at the bottom of this reply if you're not sure how to located and private message a community moderator for assistance.  

EDIT: thanks @xCameron94x for pointing out the duplicate threads and private info.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's looks like stuck on porting process contact mod dept they will help you out
Send a msg to mod they will fix it up for you manually
Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
old account name exatly as on bill
old account number
old phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link then webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your reason with account and email address
Thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo
Sounds like an incomplete port. Message mods with your wind account number name exactly as on bill and phone number. Pm sim number will help but not essential.

you shouldnt post private information in here, as it is a public fourm. It seems like you're in a stuck port. You should message a moderator with all relevant account info.

@Shazia_K I have tagged one for you

Mike40999

I switched over from wind .yesterday at 4pm over 12 hours. I had switches my wind number over to public mobile . not receiving incoming calls, text and internet is working. Please help as soon possible.
My email or number if want is mxxxxxxxxx9@ gmail.com. thanks

Your porting stuck in process
Send a msg to mod they will fix it up for you manually
Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
old account name exatly as on bill
old account number
old phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link then webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your reason with account and email address
Thanks
Need Help? Let's chat.